Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

blazers or quikspin STs

Old 09-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default blazers or quikspin STs

I am getting new arrows hopefully tomorrow. I am going to go with the carbon express not sure it it will be the maxima hunters or the 34 select yet. But I saw they come with the blazer 2 inch vanes. I was planning on the quikspin STs. Which should i go with.
Which do you perfer
Old 09-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Spike

i had the blazers on my first arrows and switched to the quickspins. i really liked them and i saw improvements in my accuracy
Old 09-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I started with the original quikspins i love them. one of the guys at the pro shop that i bought my setup from said he hated them and would not even talk about them with me. The other guy who knows his stuff used the quikspins. I was shooting better then the guy two days after buying my bow. He looked at my group with a robin hooded arrow and said mmmm maybe i need to switch. lol The only proplem i have had is you can all but look at them sideways and trash a vane. But i guess the new ones are said to be alot stronger and duralble
Originally Posted by bragg35
i had the blazers on my first arrows and switched to the quickspins. i really liked them and i saw improvements in my accuracy
Old 09-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Spike

i prefer the quickspin st vanes.they are tough and durable vanes and i think they help with grouping especially at longer distances. i would think about the quickspin st speed hunter as well,they look like a blazer.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought the quikspin sts where the speed hunters. I did not realize there was a quikspin st and a st speed hunter.
Originally Posted by Strutter!
i prefer the quickspin st vanes.they are tough and durable vanes and i think they help with grouping especially at longer distances. i would think about the quickspin st speed hunter as well,they look like a blazer.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

st just stands for super tough, atleast what i was told.

the speed hunters are the two inch versions, much like the blazers, but in the quickspin design.

i went to quickspins and havnt looked back.. awesome design, greatly improves accuracy, and seem to hold up to getting thwacked by other shafts getting stacked on eachother

only problem i have with them is they are $20 for a pack of 36, so automatically, im spending $40 on vanes to fletch an already $120 set of shafts,

but its worth it i wreckin
Old 09-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

I'm shooting 1.5"Dia. 3 arrow groups at 30 yards consistantly with the Blazers. Haven't shot the ST's yet...but I don't have a reason to switch anything right now.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

tell me though i guess a dozen would cost 40 due to you need to colors and most pro shops do not sell them loose. But when you refleatch you will have a set just switch colors. I think i will go with my first choice in the quikspins. Just figured i would look at the blazers. Seems there quickly going out of favor.
Originally Posted by shott8283
st just stands for super tough, atleast what i was told.

the speed hunters are the two inch versions, much like the blazers, but in the quickspin design.

i went to quickspins and havnt looked back.. awesome design, greatly improves accuracy, and seem to hold up to getting thwacked by other shafts getting stacked on eachother

only problem i have with them is they are $20 for a pack of 36, so automatically, im spending $40 on vanes to fletch an already $120 set of shafts,

but its worth it i wreckin