Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow questions

Old 09-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Arrow questions

GOt a few arrow questions. I am about 90% sure i will be changing my arrow sight and string this week. I need to refleatch my arrows, The arrows are not all that great anyway plus the string is getting alittle to old. SO i figure since a resight will need to be done with the re stringing and fleatch change it is time for new arrows and a better sight. I am using a reflex excursion with about a 29 1/2 inch draw with 68 pounds.
Questions one Would vanes do you perfer. Right now i use the quikspins i love them my groups are great heck when i first got my bow i had to go from 6 to 3 arrow groups because i was trashing the vanes. I am thinking about switching to the new quickspin ST speed hunters. I think there more durable and group better from what i have read.
Or going to the blazers but not sure which or if i should go total differnt from the three.

Question 2. What arrow would your recommend for deer and turkey with my setup. I was looking at the carbon express maxima and the maxima hunter. BOth come with blazers which would save me in fleatching them if i went with the blazer.

Question 3. Is a broadhead question. What do you recommend. Right now i us the muzzy 125 i think they are or 150s. Not realy though about changing them but am open to it.

Question 4 is with a arrow stop i am going to buy a 3d target properly a glendale full rut. WOuld do you use for a arrow stop. Long term the target will be against my house and i do not want to stick a 10 or 15 dollar arrow through wood sideing and plywood.
I was thinking straw or hay with a 2 inch thick piece of insulation board infront of it. Or a few bags of the blow in insulation from lowes.
Thanks and happy hunting
Old 09-20-2009, 04:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

comeon guys help me out.Tminus 2 days till i buy my arrows and sight. I need help
Old 09-20-2009, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds to me as if you are shooting really good with what you have now. Not sure I would change

Personally I wouldnt shoot up against the house. But if its your only choice if you could get a hold of an old piece of mine belt they make good backstops.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

The house is the only option. It is that or the garage. The garage has nice new alum siding. The house has 90 year old wood siding. Dad said if i hit the garage i will be residing it. Plus where in a town and a arrow the wroung place could kill someones kid or a nieghbors dog.
As for setup my arrows are not the best they where cheap light arrows i bought for target shooting when i bought the bow with plans of a new set for hunting never happend. Plus the sting is 5 years old and properly needs changing. I have wanted a new sight since i got my current one for xmas. it is dark small and only 3 pins. If i change any one of the three i need to resight. So my thought was change it all and resight once. Plus if i change my arrows and not the sight it will be sept of next year before i would think of changing it.
Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
Sounds to me as if you are shooting really good with what you have now. Not sure I would change

Personally I wouldnt shoot up against the house. But if its your only choice if you could get a hold of an old piece of mine belt they make good backstops.