Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question for the Mechanical BH guys.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default Question for the Mechanical BH guys.

With about 1 out of 3 on this site using mechanicals according to the recent thread on who uses mechanicals and who uses fixed blades I got to thinking (ut oh!). Then I read the post:
Did some bh testing today!
drockw
After looking at the pictures of how well the Rage 2 blade grouped with drockw's FP's and how badly the fixed blade Muzzy grouped I was wondering how many folks out there BH tune with fixed blades before they shoot their mechanicals. Wouldn't that be the best idea to get the most efficiency out of our setups? or can we go with the "shoots just like my field points rhetoric of the TV commercials".

Dan
Old 09-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mfd1027
With about 1 out of 3 on this site using mechanicals according to the recent thread on who uses mechanicals and who uses fixed blades I got to thinking (ut oh!). Then I read the post:
Did some bh testing today!
drockw
After looking at the pictures of how well the Rage 2 blade grouped with drockw's FP's and how badly the fixed blade Muzzy grouped I was wondering how many folks out there BH tune with fixed blades before they shoot their mechanicals. Wouldn't that be the best idea to get the most efficiency out of our setups? or can we go with the "shoots just like my field points rhetoric of the TV commercials".

Dan
Dan,

Exactly, too many people use mechanicals as a band aid to faulty, untuned or unmatched equipment.

Everyone should tune their bows to the best of it's ability and then if they choose to use mechanical heads, so be it.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:40 AM
Typical Buck

Rob, I know you're a Rocky Mtn. Snyper (the original slipcam) fan so what you do is shoot a fixed head to BH tune and then shoot the Snyper's hunting? May I ask what fixed head you shoot during your BH tuning process?

Dan
Old 09-16-2009, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna shoot Slick Tricks for tuning purposes then switch back to Rages for hunting.