Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First year bow hunting

Old 09-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck an be patient an your time will come.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm sure your practicing. I will tell you to think about your shot when you get in the stand. Think about where the deer will aproach from, every direction. Then think about how you need to adjust in your stand and take the shot. If you don't do this ahead of time, you'll discover a new noise when the big boy is in front of you.

You'll have a lot of time up there when your in the stand. Take your time, think about the shot and you'll be hooked like a lot of us, bow only.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Spike

sorry, i thought it was a new thread but hit respond instead. by the way what is the big deal, You seem to pat yourself on the back pretty hard with your pic on your posts. ease up cowboy
Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be very careful with any stand you build with 2x4's!! As important as it is to practice with your bow and learn about the animal your chasing NOTHING is more important than safety!!

If you can't come up with a harness let me know as I would bet I have one just lying around waiting to keep a new friend out of a wheel chair. A broken body takes all the fun out of hunting so be safe!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Study your deer. know their patterns!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The BowSite has state forums.
http://bowsite.com/
Good luck!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Lot of good advice on here Mrspy!!!!! So i'll just piggy back here, practice as much as possible, be patient, and above all be safe...if you don't have a harness, I have an extra one and would be more than happy to mail it too you!!!! Just let me know
Old 09-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Banned

Thank you for all the replys. I'm wondering something. How much would a nice good deer stand cost? Thanks.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Look on basspro.com...... there is a pretty broad stroke when it comes to price's for hunting stands. Would you be looking to get a climber you take in and out with you, or a lock on, something more permanent???
Old 09-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Dominant Buck

I prefer the loggy legend that is no longer made. You have to pick them up on Ebay. They played around twith the design a little so you need to know what to look for. What makes the loggy different is the fact it's only one piece climber (can be two). So it's very light and works well with a back pack. You attach it to the tree and then hook your feet to it and shimmy up the tree by hugging it with your arms. When your at yuor hunting height, the seat comes up and straps to the tree securely. It can also be used as a lock on.

Here is one of the first models. It uses the J hook strapping system.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOGGY-BAYOU-CLIM...d=p3286.c0.m14

Here's another one with the built in seat chushion and climbing aid. I don't like the climbing aid.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Loggy-Bayou-Clim...d=p3286.c0.m14

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.