Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage 2 Blade PRactice

Old 09-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Spike

Default Rage 2 Blade PRactice

I was if you guys could give me a little guidance here, Im just getting into bow hunting. Up to this point Ive been practicing with practice points. I plan on shooting the rage 2 blade, however have lost the practice tip, which came with my broadheads. Is it all right if I practice with field points that weigh the same as my broad heads or should I dig up $30 for rages practice tips? Are their any other ways around spending the money?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Spike

I don't know but I didn't see any differnts between my 100 gr feild tip's and the Rage tip they give you . Just practice and make sure you anchor at the same place every time and you'll be fine . Just make sure you use the same grain feild tip as your going to shoot for a broadhead . I hope you great luck this year hunting season get er done .
Old 09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have a few options in order of preference:

1. Borrow a practice head from a buddy or your shop.
2. Call the company and ask about buying a single practice head.
3. You could set aside a sharpened head to shoot for practice. Or, save the first sharpened head that you use on a deer to use as a practice head.
4. If you have exhausted all other options, PM me your address and I'll mail you a Rage 2 practice head in the mail.

It is always best to shoot your exact hunting set-up (from your stand in all your hunting clothing) before drawing on a deer so I wouldn't recommend shooting at a deer until you have completely tested your rig to include shooting a practice/real head. It is probably going to have an idenitcal point of impact with an expanable but it is still not recommended.

The devil is in the details.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Why not buy another set of rage broadheads and get the practice tip. Chances are you'll need them anyway if you only have 3 for your hunting quiver. They are going to be another $40 but you might as well do that if you were going to buy the practice heads. I've found my fps fly just the same as the practice head but it helps to shoot it along with the fps for confidence and reassurance.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, I have seen the practice head and the hunting head hit a bit differently before, I always take a few shots with what I am actually going to be hunting with on every one of my hunting shafts to make sure all is in order. Just buy some replacement blades and use one of them to practice with, when you are done, replace the blades.

Shane
Old 09-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Actually you can buy just the practice heads seperately. Check you local shops. I know theres one archery store i visit once in a while that has them hanging on the wall. I think they are around 5.00-8.00 or something like that.