Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feet stance...

Old 09-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Feet stance...

i know when you practice your suppose to be in a T and have weight on both feet...what happens if your in a stand and cant be in a T because of the angle of the shot the animal is giving you and you cant turn your body/feet without spooking them....how will that affect your shot??
Old 09-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would try to move my feet so I could square up and shoot. You can twist a bit and shoot at an angle just as long as you bend your waist. If you do not feel comfortable with the shot b/c of your form, do not shoot. You will regret it later when you are trailing a deer all of the county, trying to find it due to a poor shot. Good luck.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

What the shadow said. Bend at the waist and forget about it!
Old 09-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
What the shadow said. Bend at the waist and forget about it!

Bingo. When drawing your bow, draw with the bow pointed straight out, then bend at the waist to put the pin on the target. That will put you in the proper position (form) and stop you from shooting high. Good luck.

Shane
Old 09-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

practice the situations you are seeing in your head. Set a stand up and practice out of it. You will either find that you are good to go, or you need to figure out what you can do to be more consistent.

Derek
Old 09-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Dominant Buck

One advantage to my tackle is....I shoot with my weight on my front foot all the time. Switching to treestands is easier with trad gear (IMO).
Old 09-07-2009, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with everyone, especially drockw. I practice alot out of my climber starting the month before the season( like last week) and I have my dad or cousin(whoever I'm shooting with) move small tagets all over simulating the real thing making hard shots. I stand, I draw straight out( as said above) and I bend at the waist to where ever my target is! Also when shooting from the ground I practice with my feet in the T form and with them together just because I like to be comfortable with both in case I'm ever in a situation where I can't move my feet.... just my two cents good luck
Old 09-07-2009, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

I actually prefer to shoot while seated. I never get busted in the act of standing up and I just feel more stable and balanced.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
One advantage to my tackle is....I shoot with my weight on my front foot all the time. Switching to treestands is easier with trad gear (IMO).
WHats funny is I shot compound like that forever b/c I didnt know any better

Now I practice on flat ground with my feet together, so I can do the same in a tree stand... I can almost shoot just as well with my feet together, so I know in a stand ill be fine at hunting distance.

Derek
Old 09-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

im with the seated shot less movement and i like seated shots as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.