Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feet stance...

Old 09-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Dominant Buck

The problem with seated shots is....well.....you're seated. A person in a treestand can hide his outline better, when he's standing in line with the tree he's in.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

i pratice at different angles and stuff for the simple fact that u always cant be at a t when u shot
Old 09-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default If you practice

from a stance or particular stance or stances, you can usually make a shot on a deer using the same stance or stances.

If you don't practice or do not have a clue how to shoot at a deer, or what do when you see a deer, it is not a rare event then, to completely miss the deer with the arrow.

Unfortunately, the learning curve for a newbie, isn't learning a video game quickly.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
The problem with seated shots is....well.....you're seated. A person in a treestand can hide his outline better, when he's standing in line with the tree he's in.
While I do agree with you, and believe that standing will break up your outline even more, I dont think many people stand the whole hunt.

I believe Ive read that you do stand the whole/most of the hunt correct??? I would guess that most people dont, me included, and there are many instances where deer come in, and standing isnt worth the risk. Its just not as practical sometimes. I wish I could stand the whole hunt!

derek