Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wool Jacket/Pants

Old 09-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wool Jacket/Pants

Hey All,
I am really considering going back to basics and getting a browning wool jacket/pants combo for cold weather hunting this year. They place we hunt, we usually get rained on. What do you all think about wool gear? Pros/cons?

Thanks,
R
Old 09-02-2009, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

I dont think you can go wrong. Sadly, wool used to be a staple in clothing years ago, now it has turned into what seems to be a luxery these days, if you go by price. Very warm, wicks away moisture. Con's not sure, I mean other than don't wear it if it's too warm.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love wool for very cold, damp days. Or just really cold. I have some of the Columbia wool bibs and they are great...no negatives to speak of concerning them. And, they are a great deal cheaper than the Browning stuff...looked at both.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not a good taveling pic. When I go places I have to use the laundry mats. Them dryers are heck on clothes that shrink. I like wool, a lot, but not when it comes to scent control. Just to much of a bother and I've plenty of it made for small people now.