Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Form Help/Questions(Updated with new bow and Video)

Old 09-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Form Help/Questions(Updated with new bow and Video)

just seeing what my form looks like with the new bow...hopefully draw length is close....still having trouble with the grip...i tried it like in the video but my arm turn purple from bein hit by the string...so i am doin it like it shows in the pic.....it would be alot of help if someone could post a pic from the shooters view of how to properly hold....you cant really see in the "get a grip" video....the video is just to show how i pull back...is it the right way??...i am still somehow doin good then out of no where it goes to the right about 4 inches at any given time...
Attached Thumbnails Form Help/Questions(Updated with new bow and Video)-dscf3256.jpg   Form Help/Questions(Updated with new bow and Video)-dscf3258.jpg   Form Help/Questions(Updated with new bow and Video)-dscf3260.jpg   Form Help/Questions(Updated with new bow and Video)-dscf3263.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Dominant Buck

I still say your dl is a tad long. You look to be leaning back.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Drop that Draw Length down some, should help.!! should help keepin your arm out of the way
Old 09-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks alot better to me. The grip doesnt look too bad from what I see. Your hand is at roughly a 45degree angle etc. But you are putting a little too much palm into it.

Shorten the release up, and cut 1/2" of DL and then see what it looks like. Your lean and extended release exagerates your DL looking long a little bit, but by the bend in your elbow, it looks to be a 1/2".

In the pic where you are pointing your bow at the camera, you can tell how your lean affects your posture. Once you shorten the DL and release, you should be able to posture up, and you will most likely not push out at your stomach as well. Its hard to not lean when you are a bit too long like you are but you are close imo.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

by lean you guys mean my head towards the bow?? how should my elbow be if its obvious my LD is long by it?? im not sure how to shorten my release....if i tighten it any more i cant pull the trigger bc its too deep into my hand...also how would dropping the DL help keep my arm out of the way?push my stomach out??? huh..haha i have alot of faults to work on..thanks guys!!

Last edited by kwaldeier; 09-01-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Dominant Buck

No. You appear to be leaning backwards. That's AN indication your DL "may" be too long.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

when you shorten that dl your elbow wont be in so far on your bow arm and you'll be able to relax it more. at least that helped me alot when i shortened mine.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i THINK i made some progress earlier shooting....with the lean anyways i will still prolly shorten it a half inch....but instead of having my string and trigger about an inch away from my face and my nose to the side of the string...i tried it a few times with it against my face and my nose ontop of the string.....i think my head feels straight up and down...less or no lean...made me happy beacause they were all grouped pretty well and 1 in about 6 was going to the right...idk if the face my hand was away from my face made it do that or not???.....anyways still got some boo boos on my arm from toying with the grip
Old 09-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah i would just use your thumb and index finger to have as your grip, it helps me group better and relax, but from the looks of your pics and video, like said above 1.your leaning back and 2. Grip, thats about it everything else is good IMO

-NICK
Old 09-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah...i tried it tonight where the bow was at the base of my thumb and my pointer and thumb were touching in a circle and my other 3 fingers were out...like an "OK" hand gesture...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.