Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Form Help/Questions(Updated with new bow and Video)

Old 09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kwaldeier
noted TFOX.....what would happen if i had alot of weight on my left foot...being a right handed shooter....i ask bc my shooting buddy has all his weight on his left foot and he is still pretty darn good...just curious!
That is known as an aggresive stance and is not a "bad" thing for hunting.This can help with those shots out of a stand.Many traditional archers use this method.

I prefer neutral weight and when you lean forward at the waist for a stand shot,the weight will distubute forward to the front foot.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Dominant Buck

That is known as an aggresive stance and is not a "bad" thing for hunting.This can help with those shots out of a stand.Many traditional archers use this method.
True. I do it almost exclusively. I don't even shoot from the ground very much, any more.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kwaldeier
noted TFOX.....what would happen if i had alot of weight on my left foot...being a right handed shooter....i ask bc my shooting buddy has all his weight on his left foot and he is still pretty darn good...just curious!
I used to shoot like that. I put most of my weight out front like you are talking about, and actually shot decent like that. When I learned to balance my weight out, I eventually realized that it made my follow through better and more consistent. I have zero traditional experience so I cant comment on that deal...

Also, the standing up, and posture thing. I know how you feel. It IS hard to really get a feel for where your weight is when that is the way that is comfortable for you. When you first figure it out though (stance, and weight displacement) it will most likely feel a bit uncomfortable. It will seem like you are trying to force it, which you are, but once you get it all straightened out, you will be thankful you took the time to get it right!

Anyway, like GMMAT said, you look a helluva lot better! Stick with it and it will all become second nature.