Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Form Help/Questions(Updated with new bow and Video)

Old 09-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kwaldeier
the leaning in 2 directions confused me haha i dont see how i am poking my chest out...just drawing back and lookin through the peep....but i plan to buy another release...i am VERY excited with the progress i have made so far and am just trying to do it right for season...which i plan to hunt in 2 weeks,drockw! how do i relax the bow arm...i dont get that either...if i relax it the bow would hit me in the face? lol

It isn't so much poking the chest out as it is bending the back and tensing up the chest area.

Hope that makes since.

Just stand up straight.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

sr77 that would explain why my shoulder has been hurting....

Don't get me wrong, there is muscle involved, you just want to use as much "bone to bone" contact as possible in the shoulder socket, you want to utilize a low shoulder position for a more relaxed bow arm. TFOX is much more versed at this type of thing than I am, he is definately someone you want to listen to when it comes to shooting form, your shoulder just sort of stuck out to me.

Shane
Old 09-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i cant ever stand up straight
Old 09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
It isn't so much poking the chest out as it is bending the back and tensing up the chest area.

Hope that makes since.

Just stand up straight.
I was doing the same thing a few years back and a shooting coach noticed it at the shop I was at. Had nothing to do with draw length, just a bad posture at full draw, when I was fixing it, it almost felt like I was putting more weight on my front foot than back foot when infact I was standing like I was supposed to lol.

Shane
Old 09-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i noticed that earlier...when i THINK i have weight on both feet...in the pic it shows how i lean back...ahhhh Epiphany!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

i cant ever stand up straight

Stand up as straight as you do when not drawing a bow.If your body doesn't allow you to do it then don't worry about it,unless you are just being lazy.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

you obviously dont know much about me...i am lazy haha...but i will try and lean forward...like mentioned before i THINK i am standing up straight but as pointed out and i JUST notice i have weight on my back foot...
Old 09-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

you obviously dont know much about me...i am lazy haha...but i will try and lean forward...like mentioned before i THINK i am standing up straight but as pointed out and i JUST notice i have weight on my back foot...

It isn't just your back foot but also your weight is on your heels.Your weight should be distributed evenly over both feet BUT you should have a 60/40 split to the balls of your feet.This should HELP take the bend out of your back.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Dominant Buck

BTW....

It ain't that bad! It's a LOT better than it was!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

noted TFOX.....what would happen if i had alot of weight on my left foot...being a right handed shooter....i ask bc my shooting buddy has all his weight on his left foot and he is still pretty darn good...just curious!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.