Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Form Help/Questions(Updated with new bow and Video)

Old 09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah but they dont have to connect, just let them relaxe all of your fingures thats what i changed to and i have shot consistent groups ever since it helps i will bet money on it!!

-NICK
Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

good deal...i think i am better on the grip and anchor placement to my face...i wanna shot some more!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Definately looks way better.

The first thing you need to do is either shorten the release if possible or you may have to take it apart,cut the rod and rebend it.If you can't do that,put that on your list of next purchases.There are alot of shorter designed releases on the market now.

Leaning back does not mean your draw length is too long.It means you are leaning back,that's it.It may be a habit you picked up from shooting too long at 1 point(like you were) or you may be just trying to get your body under the bow to hold it up easier.Use the camera and a full length mirror to fix the leaning.At first it will feel like you are leaning forward but it is a normal feeling.

The locking the bow arm out is a problem.Relax the bow arm and try to stand up straight without poking your chest out and bending the back.(you are actually leaning in 2 directions)

I DO happen to think you might be a little too long as well but shortening the release will help.Shorten the release and take a 1/2" off the bow if possible.This will do wonders for your shooting.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX

The first thing you need to do is either shorten the release if possible or you may have to take it apart,cut the rod and rebend it.If you can't do that,put that on your list of next purchases.There are alot of shorter designed releases on the market now.

Leaning back does not mean your draw length is too long.It means you are leaning back,that's it.It may be a habit you picked up from shooting too long at 1 point(like you were) or you may be just trying to get your body under the bow to hold it up easier.Use the camera and a full length mirror to fix the leaning.At first it will feel like you are leaning forward but it is a normal feeling.

The locking the bow arm out is a problem.Relax the bow arm and try to stand up straight without poking your chest out and bending the back.(you are actually leaning in 2 directions)

I DO happen to think you might be a little too long as well but shortening the release will help.Shorten the release and take a 1/2" off the bow if possible.This will do wonders for your shooting.
Thats what I meant kwaldeier.

Dont get overwhelmed with all of it. ESPECIALLY before deer season (if you plan on hunting). Limit your range of shots to what you are most confident in.

You have already improved a bunch so keep it up
Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Leaning back does not mean your draw length is too long.
Don't think anyone said that, T. I know I didn't. But it's A sign that the DL "could" be too long.

If he relaxes that bow arm (and I think he should, also), it's gonna compound the DL issue (IMO).
Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by drockw
Thats what I meant kwaldeier.

Dont get overwhelmed with all of it. ESPECIALLY before deer season (if you plan on hunting). Limit your range of shots to what you are most confident in.

You have already improved a bunch so keep it up
I agree,you are pretty close now and no doubt you can whack a deer at this point.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

the leaning in 2 directions confused me haha i dont see how i am poking my chest out...just drawing back and lookin through the peep....but i plan to buy another release...i am VERY excited with the progress i have made so far and am just trying to do it right for season...which i plan to hunt in 2 weeks,drockw! how do i relax the bow arm...i dont get that either...if i relax it the bow would hit me in the face? lol
Old 09-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX

I agree with the locking the arm out at full draw, from the video it looked like you had a pretty high shoulder position which can tire your shoulder muscles out quicker, by relaxing your arm and sort of letting the bow push against your shoulder socket you should feel more relaxed. It does look alot better than your first pics. Keep at it!

Shane
Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Don't think anyone said that, T. I know I didn't. But it's A sign that the DL "could" be too long.

If he relaxes that bow arm (and I think he should, also), it's gonna compound the DL issue (IMO).

There were several references to leaning back as a sign of being too long,not by just you.

But your first reply made it look as though the draw length was the reason for the leaning.

I realize you came back and further explained but the thought was already implanted.

I still say your dl is a tad long. You look to be leaning back.

Last edited by TFOX; 09-01-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

sr77 that would explain why my shoulder has been hurting....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.