Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with bow choice...

Old 05-12-2003, 09:03 PM
voz
Fork Horn

Default Help with bow choice...

Here are a few bows I am considering: Hoyt DynaTec, Diamond Stinger, BowTech mighty29, and PSE FireStorm lite. I' ve been kind of set on a " small" bow, but my neighbor just bought the Hoyt Dynatec, and I like it too. Please, anybody with any expereince or opinions on these bows please let me know. Also, what is the most important attribute of a bow.....brace height, axile to axile length, cam, etc????
Thanks
Old 05-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help with bow choice...

The most important aspect of any bow is how it feels, and fits you. It could be the fastest, most brace or perfect ata. But if it don' t feel right to you it isn' t worth beans. Just do yourself a huge favor, go out, and shoot as many of the bows you are interested in. Get a good feel for them. You' ll know when you find the one you like best. I like to start with a good feeling grip, well balanced in my hand, smoothness in drawing, and shooting. No vibration, and quietness. The competition is so tight now in the industry that there are a ton of good bows on the market now. Everyone can give you their opinions on what bow they feel is best. But it won' t mean much to you unless you try them for yourself!!!
Old 05-13-2003, 12:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Help with bow choice...

Ditto above. But I just want to point out something because I noticed you have Bowtech listed. I don' t think there is a bow called mighty29, unless you' re trying to look into both bows. There is a Mighty Mite and a Tech29. They' re identical bows except the limbs (MM is about 2" longer). IMO, I like the Tech29 better. The draw is smoother. This is just my opinion because I shoot a Tech29 and my friend shoots a MM. Good luck on your findings.