Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crimson Talons Illegal......

Old 05-12-2003, 10:42 PM

Default RE: Crimson Talons Illegal......

[i]Originally posted by BobCo19-65[i]

" That' s intersting, what does " in the same plane" mean anyway? "

Planes:
Classification and Identification

" A plane is a flat object or surface. It can be infinite in size or bound by a size.
Any flat surface can lie in a plane that is infinite in size.
A plane can take any shape (square, rectangle, circle, triangle, etc.) as long as it is FLAT."

Descriptive Geometry
The Geometery of Engineering Drawing

Dr. Christ Panos

Northwood Publishing

Note to the the users of this fine product:I' m sure " The Company" will stand steadfast in your defense by appointing their corporate sharks to defend you before the judge when you' re brought up on charges...
Old 05-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

So, if one wanted to do this, according to the definition of a plane, they could take blades and attach them in a way that would essentially make a blunt tip as long as it had 7/8" cutting diameter and they were flat.

Old 05-13-2003, 01:51 AM

Ironic isn' t it?

What is even of greater concern, is that you would be able to find a [&:]lawyer[&:] to defend your claim AND (given the right (?) judge) likely win in a Court of LAW!!![:-][X(][:' (]
Old 05-13-2003, 01:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ironic isn' t it?

What is even of greater concern, is that you would be able to find a lawyer to defend your claim AND likely win in a Court of LAW!!!
Yes it is and Yes it is.[&:][]
Old 05-13-2003, 05:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

To avoid the confusion, someone should just have to submit the head for review in front of panel that either approves or disapproves of its use in all 50 states......then we would not have problems such as this. I guess that would be too simple though...
Old 05-13-2003, 05:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Well, there' s more than one plane on an arrow. In this case they mean a plane from the same distance from the point of the arrow on opposite positions on the arrow so you have at least 7/8 inch. A 3 blade head would have them on the same plane also. I think the law was intended to keep you from stacking 3 blades one behind the other down the arrow shaft.... HEY.... that' s a spear. You tellin' me I can' t go elk huntin' with my spear.[][] I really think the officer took a lot on himself. I see no way they' d be illegal. That doesn' t mean they' re not a piece of crap though.[:-]