Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 questions...

Old 05-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 2 questions...

im thinking hard about a hoyt for my first bow...about 3 weeks i will have the money unless i want to go more expensive...im thinking the mtsport or magnatec right now from price and what ive read...havent shot any yet and will soon..i was just wondering can i get nice wood grips on either one of them?? i just dont like the look of the black ones on them...anyone know??also do you think i can get a 2002 or an older hoyt but a new one marked down on price? i want a really good bow so all i have to do is practice and i will have a great shooting bow but need to save for my first truck too..maybe a little higher end hoyt..i may be to late to get a holdover i dont know....thanx....i may call the bowshop tomarow and see what they have...
Old 05-12-2003, 10:27 AM

Default RE: 2 questions...

all the older ones are gone i looked around you might get a used one , i have the mt sport it' s great ,as far as the grip goes i don' t know if you can swap it and if you can it will take for ever for it to come in you can save more money in that time and get one with the wood grip, but the grip that comes on the mt sport is comfortable and i don' t think the deer really miind what color the grip is when they get shot[&:]
Old 05-12-2003, 10:48 AM

You can switch the grips out. There' s a lot of different colors and designs.
I' m not sure about getting a 2002 bow. You might be able to get a close out on a 2003 bow though b/c there' s already some 2004' s coming out. Just depends on where you look.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

You will probably like the black rubber grips in the cold while hunting.They don' t get as cold.

If your draw length is under 29.5 and want a 60# bow then give the Sierra tec a look.It is a much nicer bow with a lower price.It has an aluminum riser and is very nice.It doesn' t have the xt2000 limbs as an option and is made for short draw people and those that need lower poundage.

I' ve been looking at them for a hunting bow.I have an Ultratec now and wouldn' t be affraid to hunt with the Sierratec.

I know the catalog list them at 28" but you can go up to 29 or 29.5.The 28" is in the middle of the draw range.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...i do like black rubber grips...my buckamrk pistol has them..and some of my knifes but i like the look off wood..its not going to stop me from buying...and i am pretty close to 29 or if not im over...im a pretty big guy...i guess i will just have to goto the proshop and see....thanx guys
Old 05-12-2003, 03:56 PM

mauser

The MT Sports grips are bulky and large. I don' t particularly care for them. I am not sure if you could do it, but, if you could get a MT Sport with the same grip as the new RazorTec, you would have a amazing feeling bow I.M.O. The rubber grip will be warmer in cold weather, but, when it gets down to 20 degree or less here in PA, it doesn' t make a difference. The thinner grips will also cause less " torqueing" of the bow. This means that there is less hand to bow contact so there is less chance that you can move the bow. I like the grip on my BowTech MightyMite, but, I have been considering removing it and custom making a new grip that would be like the RazorTecs grip.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx buck.......i think with a little time i can make a set next year in woodshop if i cant find a pair to buy...and i myself dont care for wide grips on bows either...i iwll try to hunt some down....any idea where to look? hoyt has none one their site....
Old 05-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Get a mathews....cant go wrong....pay now, not later.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:26 PM

I would honestly not jump into anything and settle for anything. I settled at first and now I' m kicking myself in the ass because what I want now is a Mathews. So, I' m saving the money and selling my bow so I can get what is the best out there. I' ve shot other bows and the Mathews just feels the best to me. Check out some bows and find something you like. For me, it will be the Mathews Legacy!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

what are some good mathews around 300 or so bare? i orders the mathews catalog the other day...and think my proshop is a dealer...i will look at some when i go out.....just dont know any good ones in my price range....also do they sell bows already set up?? i know i will spend money later putting new accesories on the bow i buy thats set up but it will save me some money for the time being and thats what i need...i will go to maybe 500 for hte whole set up for a really sweet bow....i know its not alot at all but i really have to save for a truck or im going to have to bowhunt my 3d target until i have enough for the truck lol...any bows i should look at? my friend has a pretty nice jennings all set up with the best of the best...he wanted to sell it for 150 for everything....bow case arrows heads and a whole set up bow..he got it on a gun trade...its worth alot more....i am going to see if he still wants to sell that..that will get me through a year if nothing else..and save me tons....and its a sweet little bow...if not what shoul i look into?

Quick Reply: 2 questions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.