Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 questions...

Old 05-12-2003, 09:22 PM

Default RE: 2 questions...

my friend has a pretty nice jennings all set up with the best of the best...he wanted to sell it for 150 for everything....bow case arrows heads and a whole set up bow..he got it on a gun trade...its worth alot more....i am going to see if he still wants to sell that..that will get me through a year if nothing else..and save me tons....and its a sweet little bow...
mauser06

You pretty much answered your own question.
Have a couple of competent dealers in your area look the bow over, if the bow checks out O-K then GO for It!

From the sounds of it, you' re a responsible young man who' s balancing, school, work, and hunting all at the same time. A heavy task for a Adult , but you' re obviously advanced for your years. I commend you!
You' re going to need money to keep your truck running, not to mention hunting licenses, tree stands, movies, dances, and ,,,,,and ,,,EEEEeeeuuuuuuuW ggggggirls. [&:]
Old 05-12-2003, 09:44 PM

I can' t find any place on the internet that sells replacement grips. Maybe somebody else could help you there.

As far as what bow to get..... don' t listen to anyone telling you " get this bow because I shoot it and love it" .

Go check out the Hoyts, then, check out the Mathews, don' t forget Alpine, High Country, Browning, Darton, Merlin, Martin, BowTech, Jennings, Fred Bear, BuckMasters, ect...

All I am saying, and I CAN' T stress this enough is shoot as many bows as possible, atleast, hold them and get a feel of them, then decide.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:34 AM

word on the " street" is if you order a mathews now you' ll be lucky to get it in time for archery season.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:03 AM

Hey mauser,

Check this link out....... http://www.bowgrips.com./catalog/grip.cfm?GripID=13 These are replacement grips for the 2002-2003 MagnaTec and MT Sport. They are laminated wood, they are slimer than the factory grip, and you can choose your color. I hope this helps you out.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys....when i goto the proshop i will try the highest priced bows i can spend the money on and forget who makes them until i decide on one....fupped duck...your right.. i juggle it all...and fishing...my first true love.....then i cut grass for a guy and my own grass....im just a busy guy since i started working..before i had lots of time to do nothing....now im running here or there......thanx buck..that site helps...now i can get some nice grips when i choose...a few weeks i will have atleast 2 nice checks in so about june or so i will really be shoping..i will let you all know what i choose.....speaking of work if i dont leave soon i will be late and have no nice paychecks! any makers to stay away from because they arent very good?? thanx
Old 05-14-2003, 04:38 AM

thats right mauser, no matter what any of us post ,you have to buy whats comfortable for you not us! get what YOU like!!
Old 05-14-2003, 08:17 PM

I also have a mtsport and like it plenty. Why not find a suitable piece of hardwood and make you own? It could be done with three blocks of wood glued together with a type II yellow glue (weather resistant glue) or a polyurathane glue. If you have a rasp and some sort of saw to shape and fit it to you riser. YOU CAN DO IT!

If I' m work or hunting, I' m woodworking.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

greavous...id love to..only i have no saws except hand saws...and i cut a care out one year in industrial arts...i was banned from all power tools but had to make the car to pass....i did it by hand using some saw that looked like a bandsaw blade...i could possibly buy one of them and do it...id love grips for the buckmark pistol of mine...but dishing out 50 bucks seems a bit outrageous to have wood grips on a pistol....maybe i will give that a thought....i know my construction tech teacher wont let me because it can be considered a gun look a like so he says...i understand hes just tryin to save his own butt if anything happens..thanx guys...i cant wait to get a few checks saved up and go get me a bow....me and the big bucks are goin at it this year...i will be armed and dangerous...normally im fall turkey hunting and have lots of bucks most large bucks within bow range of me...this year they better do the same.....cant wait...thanx alot guys....ill let you know what i narrow it down to after shooting or what i pick......or if my friend gives up his bow he has no used for.....