Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey 5 shot or anyone that has knowledge of the Deadheads

Old 05-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Hey 5 shot or anyone that has knowledge of the Deadheads

I read your report and that was pretty close to what I suspected.They look like a good head and was wondering what kind of diameter the ferrule has.Are they about the right size for carbons or will they match up well to a 21 or 22 series shaft.I was wanting to use them on Stingers and don' t like broadheads that are smaller than my shafts.

Maybe a bit silly but was just wondering.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hey 5 shot or anyone that has knowledge of the Deadheads

Also what are the cutting diameters.Both the 100 gr and 125 gr.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just compared the cutting diameters and ferrule size' s of the 100 and 125 grn deadheads to a few other heads. The back of the ferule is about the same size as a Muzzy 100 grn 3 blade. The difference is the Muzzy ferule is taperd in the middle, while the deadheads is straight all the way through, but like I said the rear where it matches up with the arrow shaft is about the same. It should be perfectly even with 22 series aluminums, but may be a hair smaller on the 23 and up sizes. Of course they are larger than the ICS type carbons I have laying around.
I don' t remember if the cutting diameters are 1 1/8 or 1 3/16" on these heads, but it' s one of the two. Not Much differnce 1/16" anyway.
I would guess they will match up with the stingers better than most heads out there, but I believe they will still be a hair smaller, they are excellent heads though, and acording to Golden Key they have improved the blade sharpness.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks 5 shot.The stingers are about a 21 series or maybe 22.I havn' t checked them with calipers but they should be a good fit.