Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New stabilizer WOW!

Old 08-04-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
Does a longer stabilzer really help that much???? Im using a 4 inch Doinker right now and I thought that was good enough.....Im starting to reconsider.....

It really does help that much! Getting the weight out in front and being able to adjust the balance of your setup for you is huge.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
Does a longer stabilzer really help that much???? Im using a 4 inch Doinker right now and I thought that was good enough.....Im starting to reconsider.....
My Simms stabilizer was about 4-5 inches, and i also thought that it was good enough. Go to your achery shop and see if they will let you test one out, you won't regret it!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Something was mentioned about getting the weight right...how do you know what weight will be right?
Old 08-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
Something was mentioned about getting the weight right...how do you know what weight will be right?

Trial and error....nobody can tell you what is going to be "right" for you. However, you will know right after the first shot, it is night and day.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kickin_buck
Trial and error....nobody can tell you what is going to be "right" for you. However, you will know right after the first shot, it is night and day.
X2! You just have to change the end weights and see what makes you hold better/shoot better.

The longer the stabilizer, the less overall weight it takes to get the same effect. My 10" setup probably almost weighs the same as my 24" setup. Leveraging takes less end weight when the stabilizer is further out from the bow.

ITs really hard for me to explain this in words lol! Maybe someone can shed some light that is clearer haha!!!

Derek