Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me decide between muzzy MX-4 or spitfires

Old 07-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Help me decide between muzzy MX-4 or spitfires

I am torn, I know either one will kill a deer, period. However I am not sure which one I want to use. I like the 4 blade cut of the mx-4 and i like that they come with practice blades. However I have practice blades for the spitfires also, and I like the 1 1/2 cut of the spitfire. I am not worried about flight characteristics because they both fly great from my setup. Its almost like just close my eyes and pick one. So let me know what you suggest and why.

Also if you suggest another broadhead please tell me why.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Out of the 2 I would pick the Spitfire. I think it is a tougher, better made head than the MX-4.

If you want a 4 blade broadhead that is tough and flies great take a look at the Slick Trick line of heads, otherwise stick with the Spitfires.

Dan
Old 07-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd choose the MX-3 before the MX-4 and I'll tell you why.

Matt / PA is as schooled in bow tuning, mechanics etc as much as anybody I know, he'll tell you that even he could not get the MX-4's to shoot properly to be satisfied with them. In his opinion ( and respected) they are junk. The MX-3's are fantastic.

So between the two you asked about, Spitfires.

And I agree with MeanV, if you want a solid 4 blade head, Slicktricks are your choice.