Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Saddle

Old 07-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Tree Saddle

Has any one tried this or has any experience with it. I'm thinking about getting one for this up comming season. I have a few places that it would be very handy in but never used it before.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Spike

Love it- not for the larger dudes. I cut a Starboard material seat to fit into the seat portion so it is slightly bigger than my butt- that keeps the sides from pinching into your hips- but lowers the safety aspect. The first year I blew it twice on the same buck close-- because of the saddle-- gotta log time in it- normal stand that big unit would have been dead twice. Even after the blown chances- I hunt out of it all of the time- just give yourself hunts to make the whole thing second nature. Great, great product- even though some guys curse it.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

The tree sadle is awesome! I just got mine a few months ago, so I haven't been able to hunt out of it yet, but I have target practiced a lot out of it and it is cool! You have a 360 degree shooting angle unlike a normal tree stand, and it's pretty darn light also! another good thing about them is, is that you only need one of them for all the set ups you have.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

Im also buying one soon. my buddy is giving me a deal on it for $50!!!

Are they safe and do they require much movement to get your shot?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Another ? for those who use these.

are they loud when setting up and does the tree have to be straight?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by berettaguy17
Im also buying one soon. my buddy is giving me a deal on it for $50!!!

Are they safe and do they require much movement to get your shot?
Yes, they feel safe now to me, but it took a little getting use to when I first got it. No it doesn't require much movement at all. $50 is an awesome deal!
Old 07-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default tree saddle

I have hunted from a saddle about three years now. I feel more comfortable and have better control when in a straight tree. A bend in the tree located at your level will help pull you away from the tree thanks to gravity. Thats not a great thing when you need to work around the tree on your foot peggs. One tip on the comfort factor is a chest harness. My saddle has an elastic chest harness but adds no useful support. I purchased a chest harness from New tribe. New Tribe sells tree climbing gear from their online site. I hook my chest harness into my strap that connects me to the tree using a large carabiner. It does get in the way of drawing my bow but I have always been able to disconnect when deer come in. It makes my sit alot more comfortable for me. I am 265 pounds and have a bad back so I love anything that will help in that regard.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Spike

Here's another tip. Get one of those bowholders that attaches to your belt (you place your bottom cam in the webbing) attach that on the side and it's pretty slick for staying ready. I've logged a lot of days in mine- with my retrofitted hard seat you can sit all day easily..or as easy as it is to sit all day in the first place, which sucks anyway- but no more so than in a hang on-- after you figure it out.