Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery Messageboards at an end?

Old 05-08-2003, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Archery Messageboards at an end?

Over the last month or so I have really noticed a decrease in participation over the various archery/bowhunting forums that I visit on a daily basis. Some that I once visited might only receive two or three posts a day while others still receive a somewhat decent amount. Heck, even this one went from several pages of new posts a day to finding the same posts from yesterday on the bottom of the first page. Granted it is the " off season" but I do not ever remember things being this slow before...and across the entire board of internet archery forums.

Do you think the novelty of the internet archery forum is wearing off?
Old 05-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Archery Messageboards at an end?

I don' t think it' s fading away.It' s Spring-weather is nice and people are outside doing things like turkey hunting,trout fishing, doing whatever.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you think the novelty of the internet archery forum is wearing off?
BLASPHEMY![]

No , I dont think anything has changed really. It' s usually slow this time of year and will pick up during the summer and will go in spurts. Then when fall comes around it seems like we' re swamped with all sorts of personalities coming out of the woodwork.

It does give a good indication of who the true die hard archery fanatics are!

Or is it a good indication of who needs to get a life?
Old 05-08-2003, 05:43 PM

NOT AT ALL

I think it may be due to the fact that it is turkey season in many states.

Give it a month or so and everyone will be getting out thier new bows and new equipment and latest gagets.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

like you, many of us check Message boards on a regular basis-just not much Bowhunting going on & many other things taking up time-yard work, Garden, kids, preparing for the next Bowhunt & some tourny shootin. I myself am preparing for a pre-Deer season trip to Texas-had one booked but they sold & closed the ranch to all hunting. Editing a couple new informational Bowhunting videos I finally finished & hope to release around Sept.. Just finished a unsuccessful Turkey season & then hoping to make a couple " after" Deer season Hog Hunts in the south later this year. We all have full schedules-soooo, what are you all planning in your Bowhunting for this year?? Try anything new? ahunter55 Bowhunting North America Videos. This is a good hog I took 29th of March-see, there is hunting still goin on....

Old 05-08-2003, 05:57 PM

Regardless of how many posts are made, how many readers visit the forums for information but never post? It is usually only one author that writes a book that thousands read.

Considering that there are numerous threads of varied topics and opinions that can still be read, such forums as this one contain a wealth of information. I wish all this information and access to the information would have been available when I started in archery and bowhunting.

On the other hand, the learning and experimentation process was/is part of the total enjoyment of archery and bowhunting.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:58 PM

Here I am PA. Now that I lost my posts and I' m a fawn again I feel younger and full of type. I think it' s spring and the fact that spring duties come first...so
says my wife. Then there are the kids.....awh the kids... the same ones that
have been cooped up in the house all winter. Now they have school sports(baseball) and we get to run them around and around and around. Then theres that thing they call work.....putting in 50 to 65 hrs a week. There getting me back for the time lost while hunting. I couldn' t even use turkey hunting to get out of work. First day.....first 15 minutes.... one 17.9 pounder and still 15 minutes early to work.....JEEEEESSSS.

Well I guess what i' m trying to say PA is...(YAWN)>>[].....I' m tired and I' m going to bed. See ya next week

G
Old 05-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I think all the questions have been ask. Everyone has expounded on their virtues and skills as the next Fred Bear. We' ve had all the arguements and back slapping. We' re running out of jokes. There' s nothing new to report. In other words.... we' ve reached the end of the internet as the advertisement says.[][]

Really, it is the off season, BUT..... there has been a decrease in participation on all boards I visit. You don' t suppose I have anything to do with that do you. One of them I said goodbye and left for a lack of stimulation. It was getting one or two replies(not new posts) a day. I had been a member there for years. It died because of the continual posts and PETA crap they allowed to be posted by unregisTURDS. It was a couple years ago the home of a lot of very knowledgeable people who actually went out of our way to get to know each other. We had shoots in PA, NJ and a hog hunt in Florida. Now, they' re all gone except about 2, although I still hunt with one(LEN)
Old 05-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

For me it has been different interests coming up. Family matters conflicted with archery so much that I have basically hung it up (except for the club, helping at a new shop and hunting ). Also I have noticed that on this forum if someone disagrees with you then it goes immediately to a fight and name calling. I have been over on trapperman.com mostly and if someone disagrees with you then it is at least civil. It is also a private forum of Paul Dobbins so can be regulated more strictly I feel (though it is by far the most " homey" forum I' ve been on). Just my .02.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:51 PM

It' s baseball season!!! The afternoons we' re not playing, we' re practicing...This reduces the amount of time I spend in the back yard shooting my bow a lot! It' s dark when we come inside take baths etc.....This means less time on the forum...We do manage to check the latest threads 3 or 4 times per week though...
I' m not having time to create new threads but I' m checking for new threads....
I will increase my time on the forum after Baseball season until deer season.

Quick Reply: Archery Messageboards at an end?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.