Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery Messageboards at an end?

Old 05-09-2003, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Archery Messageboards at an end?

The boards I visit have slowed down, but just to a reasonable pace now. I check out 4 differnt boards every day, but sometimes I don' t post much. A lot of the questions are from new archers, and If I see good avice already posted I don' t bother. I really only have maybe an hour a day to spend on the differnt sites, so I had to limit the number of posts I a make. wait till September, it will be so busy we will never keep up!
Old 05-09-2003, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

What 5 shot said,I work full time and run a lawn
mowing service and try to check the sites but
only got to hunt for turkey 3 days out of my nine
days of vac. This is my favorite and miss sometimes!
Old 05-09-2003, 04:40 AM

after the rough winter we had , i think baecause its nice outside everyone is out shooting their bow instead of sitting in front of the computer ,especially since alot of people purchased new bows this year! iknow i go on in the morning before i start work and at lunch time, one the season come around and it gets dark early it should pick up again. at least lets hope so!![:-][:-]
Old 05-09-2003, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Frank, another factor to consider, especially in the offseason is, just how many times do you care to answer what do you think of brand x bow, what about brand y broadhead, what about this release, etc, etc, etc. During hunting season the boards will pick up.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Cook breakfast, wash dishes, teach school; let the dogs out; who is on the dang phone now, let the dogs back in, teach some more, cook lunch , wash dishes, who in the heck is at the door, a new water meter????????? teach some more, grade papers, take back the rental movies , stop by the store, get gas oh shoot what did I forget at the store, put away groceries , the 14 year old says once again " whats to eat " wait a minute he just said that 20 minutes ago, throw in a load of wash , pull some weeds, transplant a few plants in the yard, gotta mow tommorrow, Will some one please take out the trash????? never mind the cubs are playing Ill do it myself, head out to the bow room and tinker and fling a few arrows, do a little fine tuning and jeeze its 2 hours later, do a little taxidermy work nope its not dry yet, pull 2 more tail fans from the freezer and sit out to thaw for tommorrow, head out to the range to spread some morel spores in the woods and run off the tresspassing locals, home gotta cook dinner, to heck with the dishes, gotta go to shoot indoors tonight, done shooting gotta cut new arrows,clean the camper for the nationals shoot, oh goodie I have just enough time to start a fight with the hubbyand mission accomplished going to the nationals by myself, cook up the morels and stare at the dishes now I got 2 sinks full, eat a couple of morels " HOW MANY CALORIES!!!!!!!!!!!! " and let the dogs out, nope dogs dont like fried morels 14 year old says once again ' Whats to eat " my god you ate the whole loaf of bread= go to bed, bathroom, cig and a beer, computer, stick a fork in me Im done

gonna add fishing and shooting , Archery Club Secretary Duties and shooting at Bedford Nationals weekend after next all to be added to the list and some more double header baseball games for the 14 year old.
I NEED TO GO HUNTING, THERE ARE NO DISHES IN THE WOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OR ON THE COMPUTER
OH PLEASE..... Marry me. Pretty please.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:29 AM

I had noticed a decrease in both this and a couple of other sites I visit. There is no telling how many folks like myself that visit, if not daily, at least weekly that never post. Why, usually the question I want to ask has already been asked or will be. Not to mention, when you are a newbie some question can appear dumb even though I am a firm believer that the only dumb question is the one you don' t ask.

I have had less time since getting my new bow. I am trying to pratice more and read less. Since, I rarely post that gives me more time to read what you " experts" are saying, lol.

I do hope it picks up though.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the replies folks. It is nice to see that not everyone agrees with me. Truth be told I did realize that this is not the busiest time of the year for the forums though this year just seems to be a little worse than normal. Heck, I have had a hectic year as well.....I just did not think everyone else was in the same boat.

Post on...
Old 05-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-09-2003, 10:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I prefer not to as the wife says it enough already.

Quick Reply: Archery Messageboards at an end?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.