Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MUZZY?...THUNDERHEAD?

Old 05-08-2003, 10:26 AM

Default MUZZY?...THUNDERHEAD?

i have been posting this subject on a couple different forums...i have been thinking aobut getting either muzzy or thunderhead and i was wondering if anyone has any good info on what might be a better choice. I shoot carbon express 300 30" long if that matters. thanks!
Old 05-08-2003, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MUZZY?...THUNDERHEAD?

I' ve used them both and like them both and you wouldn' t go wrong with either one. I personally don' t think there' s a grain of salt difference in the two. I currently shoot Thunderheads but if i wasn' t shooting those i' d be shooting Muzzy' s.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:45 AM

I shot TH' s for many years - They are IMO one of the best fixed heads out there!

I have also been shooting muzzies now for a few years - and I like them better

The Th' s are a little harder IMO to spintest because of the rubber ring - It has at time become more compressed at one side - effecting flight. This is not a huge problem and is easily fixed but can be a slight pain.

Also I like the blade retention better on the muzzies - a little tougher to get in the first time - but they stay in if you unscrew the head. I have lost countless TH blades over the years after unscrewing them at the target to pull the arrow out and the blades fall out. the alum retainer on the TH' s will aslo after much use begin to gouge and not hold the blades as well.

All in All they are both great heads but because of some small stuff I choose the Muzzies over the TH' s.

Old 05-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

I personally shoot muzzys and they have not let me down....i would recommend them anyday. Never shot the TH' s but have only heard good of them
Old 05-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

since they came out in the 70s I have taken all kinds of Biggame with a Rocky Mountain (fixed blade) 3 Blade Razor. Black Bear, Elk, Caribou & many Deer. For you Exotic Bowhunters I have taken Axis, Fallow & Red Deer Plus the toughest of all-wild hog. I have only good results. Just my opinion in 45 years of Bowhunting. Carbons & Aluminum shafts. good luck in your choice.. They fly great too....
Old 05-08-2003, 06:17 PM

Never a problem with TH 125. Never lost a blade even after going in a hog' s skull. I shot several (not muzzys) and TH are by far the best.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:27 PM

Buy a pack of each. Shoot the one that your bow likes the best.

Old 05-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Dominant Buck

You can' t possibably go wrong with either one. I have shot Thunderheads for years. I' ve hunted with probably 6 or 8 different broadheads in the last 32 years with Thunderheads the last 10 or so. I tried 3 different weight and style Muzzys because everyone is so hype on them. I just thought I got better flight and the blades were sharper on the Thunderheads, but that' s me. Others will say they get better flight from the Muzzy. Either one is absolutely a no brainer.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:54 PM

ID go with muzzy, i shoot the 4 blade 90 gr. broadheads and have had good luck wiht them! fly really good and bring down animals fast and humanly
Old 05-08-2003, 09:24 PM

I have a friend who uses the muzzys and likes them. I' m going to try the Thunderheads because I' ve only heard good stuff about them. I don' t think you can go wrong with either one though.

Quick Reply: MUZZY?...THUNDERHEAD?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.