Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stabilizer choice??

Old 05-09-2003, 02:12 PM

Default RE: Stabilizer choice??

In the world of stabilizers there can be only one - Vibracheck. They have several hunting models, all good choices. 1. Isolator, short fat light. 4.5" to 9.5" long. Also a carbon version, skinnier and lighter. 2. Isolator, short, skinny, light 6.5" long, 6oz. 3. Icon - strange looking job 7" long 7oz. I personally use the isolator 7.5" @ 10 oz.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well you knew I had to do it.....right Bigpapascout?
I' m gonna also vote for Stealth Archery' s " Hunter" model.....probably a 6" in your case.

Its what works for me.
Old 05-10-2003, 02:46 AM

Thanks for the input. I' m gonna look into the exchanger and a few others. I really appreciate it.
Old 05-10-2003, 05:50 AM

HEY! I know what your talking about! I have a v-bar from Cobra. It was about 20 bucks and I took the main attachment, removed the right side (for left hand remove left), flipped it upside down and bolted it to the front stabilizer mount. This placed my 10' ' X-Ring stabil. about an inch and a half off to the left. I shoot a Mathews Conquest 2 (sweet) and my sight bubble seems to fall on level natuarlly now. When on the range I shoot a 26" stabil. and I am right on the money. Just remember that the shorter the stabil., the less the offset effect. I also have a rear-mount v-bar that offsets to the left and combined it is all I need!
Old 05-10-2003, 07:38 AM

In my shop we allow the customers to try all the stabilizers. This way they can pick the best for the bow and themselves. No one, unless they have the EXACT same set-up and bow as you, can tell you which stabilizer is the best.

Even most manufacturers don' t attempt this effort, since the accessories put on a bow always vary from customer to customer.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:27 PM

Default A Stabilizer for Hunting in the Woods

If you are hunting in the woods a short light stabilizer that actually works is the Lore. It might be half the weight as a twelve ounce stabilizer but it acts like one twice its size. I believe Bowzone tested stabilizers last year and the Lore outshot the rest. The point is this stabilizer works and it saves half a pound and it helps your bow to shoot better. I put a Lore on my Hoyt MT Sport last year. Did it help? Yes. Did it take away alot of the handshock and vibrations in the bow? Yes. Did it improve my groups? Yes.