Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

At the moment

Old 07-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default At the moment

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/c...00934401AM.jpg
Have you ever had your arrow come off your rest when drawing on a deer? This happened to me when drawing on this buck. Luck was on my side thie day[ evening]
the buck was so into eating apples that I was abale to put the arrow back on the rest while at full draw without him noticeing me.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: At the moment

Very nice buck. You got lucky he didn't spook. And yes, I did have that happen to me quite a few years ago with different results. After that I said that won't happen again and went with the WB and haven't looked back.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

same here early. had a 10 yard shot on a great 8 pointer. started the draw arrow came off. couldnt do anything at 10 yards and by the time i got it back on he was on the wrong side of the tree. switched to the biscuit and that was the end of that problem.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I've had it happen, more than once. With everything else that can go wrong why risk having an arrow falling off the rest, I'm a believer in full containment rests.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not pointing anyone out or pulling the he-man card, but i think some of the reason for arrows coming off of the rest is b/c people are overbowed. Yeah shooting out in the backyard most of us can shoot a bunch and feel no pain etc... But its all a different story when you are out in the cold and trying to draw back on a deer... Tuning/string pinch is also a cause of this but i tend to think that it is b/c people are trying to handle more weight than they truly can when the moment comes.

Ive had it happen once that i can remember of, and it was b/c of all things mentioned. I had a big jacket on, was cold, and the deer was close so i was not prepared as to what would happen when i drew the bow.

Just some food for thought, cuz i definately can see that ruining many guys hunts every year...[:'(] Oh... I ended up spooking the deer off as well trying to get my arrow back on the rrest[]

Derek
Old 07-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Fork Horn

yes, those darn cheap prong style rests are notorious for loosing arrows at full draw especially when the adrenaline is pumping and you begin to shake from excitement. drawing your bow while all 'jaked' up is much different than when 'straight'. i went to a full containment fall away rest and have had no problems.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

i agree drockw. some people are pulling way to much weight. i used to be the same way. now if i cant sit in a chair and pull my bow without ant trouble then i know i need to turn it down. plus i also learned that i cant go the whole off season with out pulling my bow.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:02 PM

Yes, but it was on the biggest turkey of my life. Broadhead caught the mesh in the front of the ground blind and pushed it through the prongs(bodoodle). Luckily my uncle was there and had the shot and got the bird.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:06 AM

Yep, and then I went and bought a spot hogg whammy rest. Problem solved.