Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets hear of your hunting trips or plans for the fall

Old 06-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lets hear of your hunting trips or plans for the fall

I was suppose to be on a Elk trip in Colorado, but my jobs sucks!!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting our farm a lot all season in SE Indiana. Also hunting my grandpa's property in SW Ohio and with some buddies for shotgun season in
south central Indiana. Can't wait..
Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Going to hunt up here in the state of Me. I will be heading back out to Vinal Haven the last week of Oct. Bow hunting for deer. If you do not recall it is an island 18 miles out to sea. The week before that will be my biggest hunt I have ever hunted on. As I got lucky and drew a moose tag up here. I can't wait for that either. I will be taking my bow with me if case a chance of getting a shot with it. Most likely though I will be using a rifle on it..
Old 06-26-2009, 04:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well my planes where to hunt the state park by where we just moved. But where beginning to hate the place so we might be moving sometime between now a Aug. Not sure yet. We live in a home assc. And yesterday a guy was at the assoc pool asking people to go by him cold medicine. for I am sure was a plan to cook some meth. I being the good old boy I am, I ratted him out to the people in charge. Well after a big thing about them closing the pool and a near riot. The guy decides to threaten me. I have never been so pissed off. Had it not been for my dad and my sister’s step daughters being in my truck at the time, I would have beaten the boy to death.
So god only knows where I will be hunting this fall. Heck if the crap keeps up it might be in the state prison.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

That stinks !!! would rather be in Colorado that work, but we all need money

ORIGINAL: Kamil

I was suppose to be on a Elk trip in Colorado, but my jobs sucks!!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea i was supposed to be in canada this oct forcaribou and black bear but cant go my daughter is due oct 30th.
so i'll be hitting missouri hard
Old 06-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

WITH MY 2 WEEK ON 2 WEEK OFF SCHEDULE( I'M SO LUCKY TO HAVE THE SCHEDULE I DO) I WILL TAKE TWO WEEKS VACATION AND BE OFF FOR 6 WEEKS. STARTING 12 AUG. MAY HAVE SHEEP HUNT FIRST WEEK OFF, IF THAT FALLS THRU WILL LEAVE 3-4 DAYS EARLIER AND HEAD NORTH (2 DAYS DRIVE) TO HUNT THE HAUL ROAD FOR CARIBOU FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS AND GRIZ IF I DRAW A TAG. WILL HAVE VARIOUS FRIENDS COMING UP TO HUNT WITH ME OFF AND ON MY SON WILL FLY UP 1 SEP FOR A WEEK. AFTER HE HEADS BACK HOME I WILL HEAD SOUTH TO HUNT MOOSE ALONG HAUL ROAD IF I DRAW A PERMIT IN THE ARCHERY AREA IF NOT WILL GET 5 MILES OFF WITH MY JET BOAT AND CHASE MOOSE IN GENERAL AREA. FOR 7-10 DAYS. OCT I HAVE FAMILY OBILGATIONS THEN WILL BE OFF 3 WEEKS DRIVING TO COLORADO TO PICK UP DAUGHTERS HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND TRUCK.......BUT WILL BE STOPPING AT MY BROTHER IN LAWS IN ALBERTA AND BOWHUNTING WHITETAIL WITH HIM. TOLD MY DAUGHTER I WOULD BRING HER STUFF UP BUT HAD TO WAIT TILL FALL TO GIVE ME A CHANCE TO HUNT FOR A FEW DAYS.[8D]
Old 06-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

That is awesome !!! Good for you, I hope someday to hunt Moose, just trying to decide on where to go.

ORIGINAL: AK NIMROD

WITH MY 2 WEEK ON 2 WEEK OFF SCHEDULE( I'M SO LUCKY TO HAVE THE SCHEDULE I DO) I WILL TAKE TWO WEEKS VACATION AND BE OFF FOR 6 WEEKS. STARTING 12 AUG. MAY HAVE SHEEP HUNT FIRST WEEK OFF, IF THAT FALLS THRU WILL LEAVE 3-4 DAYS EARLIER AND HEAD NORTH (2 DAYS DRIVE) TO HUNT THE HAUL ROAD FOR CARIBOU FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS AND GRIZ IF I DRAW A TAG. WILL HAVE VARIOUS FRIENDS COMING UP TO HUNT WITH ME OFF AND ON MY SON WILL FLY UP 1 SEP FOR A WEEK. AFTER HE HEADS BACK HOME I WILL HEAD SOUTH TO HUNT MOOSE ALONG HAUL ROAD IF I DRAW A PERMIT IN THE ARCHERY AREA IF NOT WILL GET 5 MILES OFF WITH MY JET BOAT AND CHASE MOOSE IN GENERAL AREA. FOR 7-10 DAYS. OCT I HAVE FAMILY OBILGATIONS THEN WILL BE OFF 3 WEEKS DRIVING TO COLORADO TO PICK UP DAUGHTERS HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND TRUCK.......BUT WILL BE STOPPING AT MY BROTHER IN LAWS IN ALBERTA AND BOWHUNTING WHITETAIL WITH HIM. TOLD MY DAUGHTER I WOULD BRING HER STUFF UP BUT HAD TO WAIT TILL FALL TO GIVE ME A CHANCE TO HUNT FOR A FEW DAYS.[8D]
Old 06-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Typical Buck

elkhuntingnut- moose hunts are a blast esp during rut you can call them in for good archery shoot. told myself i was done hunting them too much work for this old man.
i shot a 40" spread moose a number of years ago front qtr were 75# and hinds were 90# each ( 3/4 mile hike out with the packs...all uphill i usually figure 8 pack loads to get a mature bull out) friend got 52" couple days later. hind qtrs on that one were 120#
i have told my hunting partner that the 100 yard rule applies. theanimal can't be more than 100 yards from road or river
Old 06-28-2009, 02:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

You have it hard hunting them up there like that.. Here with our moose hunts we have timber company lands that have logging roads every where. Most moose are shot around the logging roads so that they can be dragged out by a truck. sometimes if they are cutting wood in the area you can get a skidder to drag one out for you as well. They are loaded whole for the most part and taken and hanged or taken to a butcher shop for hanging and then cutting depends on the temps. Most moose are called into logging yards that are not being used to give an open shot at them and still be able to get them out.
I noticed that your 40" or your friends 52" spread are quite common here as well. I was kind of thinking that your moose carries something like 60" spreads. I am salso wondering what the dressed wieght is for a moose up there? Here some will top just over the 1,000 lb marked dress but the average is between 700 lbs. and 800lbs. So i am just curious as to how big they average in your state..

Quick Reply: Lets hear of your hunting trips or plans for the fall

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.