Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THINKING OF CHANGING BROADHEADS...ANY THOUGHTS?

Old 05-05-2003, 12:36 PM

Default THINKING OF CHANGING BROADHEADS...ANY THOUGHTS?

I currently shoot Rocky Mountain- advantage 100gr. broadheads. After talking to the guys in my hunting party last November, they suggested I look into a multitude of other brands. I liked the performance of the RM' s but they were totally distroyed after a deer kill. I didn' t mind that because it did the job, but would another broadhead have done better. I thought about the Rocky Titanium' s but am unsure. I' m not sold on expandables and feel more comfortable with fixed.
Any feedback is much appreciated.

Old 05-05-2003, 12:40 PM

Default RE: THINKING OF CHANGING BROADHEADS...ANY THOUGHTS?

I' m using titanium revolutions.....
A little $$$, but great broadheads.
I' m not up to date with current broadheads retailers carry in the states but I know it' s much greater than the Canadian ones. Last time I was at Cabelas they had a huge section just on broadheads....it was great.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would recommend trying 100 GR. Thunder Head' s or Muzzy' s, You cant go wrong with either. Pike
Old 05-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ONLY " MY" OPINION-stay with the Rocky Mountains_ I have bowhunted all types of Biggame & used many over the past 45 years. I have used them since they came out in the 70s BUT have tried others & when it comes time to head for the woods-I put a 125gr. Rocky Mountain Razor 3 Blade on. I took Elk, Whitetail, Fallow Deer,Axis deer & sevearal hogs(3 -150-250#) this past year. Excellent results thou my son did have 1 head damaged some on a HUGE BOAR. I have seen failure in almost any head-I have seen a few Muzzys end up looking like less than a field tip of a friend of mines-he has switched to another head. E-mail Barrie Archery & mention what happened-I am sure they will make it right. I know there are many excellent heads on the market but most are some type take off of some other head-Rocky " WAS" among the 1st with their type head & have only made it better. Good luck-don' t switch....

Old 05-05-2003, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Muzzy or go to the Rocky Mountain T-1. I have shot the Muzzys for years with no problems!
Old 05-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am seriously thinking about useing the new iron head 100 or the tradition this year.

Old 05-05-2003, 02:45 PM

I' ve used the RM Ti-100s in the past and was very satisfied with the results. Only got a couple of deer but they worked flawlessly. Why did I change? Well I experiment a lot.....and there were some expandables I wanted to try.
Just my 0.02.
Mark
Old 05-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

You know the answer MUZZYS.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:07 PM
nub

I believe this is the head I' m going with this year.[:-]
Old 05-05-2003, 07:21 PM

Those are some fine looking broadheads posted by Nub & Bigbulls. I have always used broadheads that have an immediate cutting edge tip on it. Currently using the Steelforce and like em alot.

Quick Reply: THINKING OF CHANGING BROADHEADS...ANY THOUGHTS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.