Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHO?

Old 05-08-2003, 05:47 PM

Default RE: WHO?

It was my stepson. He wanted to try it so I said we would do it together. Started out with inexpensive equipment. We have grown together ( and so has out equipment, mom loves it).
Old 05-08-2003, 08:57 PM

my dad brother and cousin got me into it.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:29 PM
Dominant Buck

My father, but it was by accident. My Dad bought a car from a fellow and in the trunk was a Ben Pearson " Cougar" recurve #55 pound bow and 10 cedar arrows with hunting broadheads, in a Shakespear Leather back quiver. The bow had no sights, or silencers, I mean nothing. Dad called the fellow and told him about the bow and was told to keep it. So he gave it to me. I could hardly draw the thing back at first, but as time went, I practiced and practiced, shooting paper plates on hay bales. The following year I took my first deer, a doe at about 20 yards. I was hooked and have been hunting ever since, with much more modern equipment I might add. I gave that old Cougar to my nephew and hooked him the same way.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:29 PM

My grandfather. He took me fishing and small game hunting at a very young age. He passed away when I was about 8 yrs old but I have been in the outdoors every since then.

I started deer hunting with a bow in early high school. That was back in the early
70' s.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

I started watching some hunting shows on saturday mornings and remember saying to myself " That looks like alot of fun" Sine then i have been hunting and getting some of my buddies into it. My dad was always into fishing and im trying to get him into the hunting side of it.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:35 AM

Listening to others talk about their bow hunting stories really got me interested But I went out and did it myself
AL
Old 05-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

A friend of my Dad' s. He owned a Service Station. Thats a gas station to you younger guys. Back during the day when they pumped gas into your car for you, washed your windshield, checked your oil, and checked your air pressure in your tires. Anyway, I was 14 and he was going to a shoot and took me along. Shooting into straw bales with a target on the front. I bought an old Ben Pearson recurve, some cedar arrows, and the rest shall we say is history.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

My Mother got me into bow hunting when I was 5 mainly because she does not like guns but did not want me to miss out on what the great outdoors has to offer.
That was almost 42 years ago and every year I thank her for her insight.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:44 AM

Fred Bear got me into bowhunting when I was about 8 or 10 years old (1956 or 1958). He' d come to Milwaukee to visit friends and busniness associate That own Whiffen Archery. I did mostly rabbit and pheasants hunting at first. Then in 1964 Deer hunting.
I actually got to meet him in 1982 and talked with him for almost an hour, one on one. Great man. I' ve been bow hunting now for about 45 years.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

I guess the state of Louisiana got me into it. I mostly hunt on WMA' s and most of the gun seasons only last 3-4 weeks. As I like outdoors so much I figured to take advantage of longer seasons (usually Oct1 thru Jan31) I' d give this bowhunting a try. So I bought a cheap bow to see if I' d like this great sport. All this was about 20 years ago and I' m still at it. Actually I hate to see gun season come around, I love this archery stuff too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.