Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHO?

Old 05-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHO?

My uncle got me into it and then i got my best friend into it and on and on.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

For me I would have to say a buddy from work and my younger brother. My buddy wanted to sell his Bear Whitetail .I pick it up loaded for under 50 bucks My brother picked up a Pearson at the same time and we learned what little we know together.
" Man that seems like a long time ago" .
We would though up freisbees and try to hit them no telling how many arrows we lost.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:43 PM

my best freind he got me into it at a very young age i guess i was 5 when he bought me my first and soon few years later he took me hunting and we have had a very sugseful 27 years together in the woods and 3-d courses i love every minite i get to spend with him because he`s my dad ,I love you dad and thanks for taking the time to be with me
Old 05-05-2003, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Bow- Nut when you can call your dad your dad your best friend that is awsome
thanks for the reply.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:47 PM

My older brother Dan took me bowhunting for the first time. I was thirteen years old, and he set me up with a Bear recurve, wood arrows, and a love for the outdoors, that I never can thank him enough for.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

FOR ME IT WAS MY YOUNGEST SON HE WAS 14 AND WANTED TO GET INTO BOW HUNTING SO I STARTED WITH HIM . THAT WAS 6 YEARS AGO AND NOW I BOW HUNT ALOT MORE THAN HIM
Old 05-06-2003, 04:05 AM

This would have to be my hunting parteners as we were alway trying to figure out how to stay out in the woods hunting and how we could draw another tag! Well bow hunting adds another tag or two...or three and season starts earlier soooo. Here we are 10+ yrs later.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:37 AM

me and a buddy from high school got into it together , we use to gun hunt together,and we had archery class in school ,part of gym class, and someone brought in their hunting bow and we both said hey let chek it out ,and 20 some odd years later i' m still into it !
Old 05-06-2003, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

My Dad did. He bought me my first bow from one of the local shops quite a few years ago. I have some great memories of it. He stopped hunting 5-6 years ago because of some physical limitations...he is 74 and has problems with his joints..arthritis, etc... However, I am thinking about hooking him up with a low poundage compound or possibly a crossbow and having him hunt out of one of my pop-up blinds this year. What do you folks think about that for a fathers day present?
Old 05-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

I think it would be great, and I bet your dad would to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.