Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

smoking meat

Old 05-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default smoking meat

I am going monday to buy one of the 4 rack bradley smokers. My plan is to smoke some homemade can. bacon does anyone have a recipe for it. Then i am thinking a lean whole sirlion into pulled beef bbq. DOes any one have any tips for the bradley or recipes for the two projects i love smoked meat but have not done much smoking
Old 05-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: smoking meat

Good luck...I have been smoking with a Brinkman smoker for about 20 years and have always had good luck with it...About 2 years agoI had a client that sent me a Bradley...After using it 4 times, I wish he hadn't...It might just be me, but the Brinkman with real charcoal gives the meat a better taste...
Old 05-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a small round brinkman i used it to smoke some summer sausage. Had a heck of a time End up getting water in the charcoal on the third round of chips finished it off in the oven. 30 day return worst cast i take it back then figure something else out. maybe a gas one then.
ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

Good luck...I have been smoking with a Brinkman smoker for about 20 years and have always had good luck with it...About 2 years agoI had a client that sent me a Bradley...After using it 4 times, I wish he hadn't...It might just be me, but the Brinkman with real charcoal gives the meat a better taste...
Old 06-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do a ton of smoking/BBQ and I use a Weber Smokey Mountain, its a charcoal smoker. I do have an Old Smokey electric that does an excellent job with fish. I did a little venny in the electric, and it was decent. Bradley is the Cadillac of the electric world, so I suspect you would have excellent results.

For your pulled beef, go with Chuck Roast, the sirloin tends to dry outa little by the time it gets pullable. I do pulled beef a lot, and chuck is the way to go.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try the smoke ring....... I'll look for a link later.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a hard time keeping the meat lit.

j/k I don't smoke, despise it but LOVE smoked meat. Something I've never done.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

check out this site tim..... I go there from time to time and just read.... I've learned alot and tried a few of their recipe's too.
http://www.thesmokering.com/default.jsp
Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks i read every review on cabelas there was like 5 1s and a fer 2s or 3 out of like 50 i think. I have my heart set on a sirlion. But i am not against taking someones advise when they know more then me. SO i think i will do both and let the cattle who show up to feed on it tell me which way to stick with. If nothing else i end up with alot of sirlion bbq to eat my self.
ORIGINAL: YooperMike

I do a ton of smoking/BBQ and I use a Weber Smokey Mountain, its a charcoal smoker. I do have an Old Smokey electric that does an excellent job with fish. I did a little venny in the electric, and it was decent. Bradley is the Cadillac of the electric world, so I suspect you would have excellent results.

For your pulled beef, go with Chuck Roast, the sirloin tends to dry outa little by the time it gets pullable. I do pulled beef a lot, and chuck is the way to go.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanks I will look now
ORIGINAL: sandilands

check out this site tim..... I go there from time to time and just read.... I've learned alot and tried a few of their recipe's too.
http://www.thesmokering.com/default.jsp
Old 06-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tryed my brinkmans charcoal hated it. But rob i thought you did everything.
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I have a hard time keeping the meat lit.

j/k I don't smoke, despise it but LOVE smoked meat. Something I've never done.

Quick Reply: smoking meat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.