Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent LoK & Lee Lakowsky

Old 05-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Scent LoK & Lee Lakowsky

Anyone w/ common sense would know that nothing is 100%...
Apparently not.

Wonder who's gonna be the first to hold Bowtch's feet to the fire for actually NOT taking the arch out of archery???[8D]
Old 05-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

I'm just waiting for the TV commercials showing a couple of lawyers...

"Have you or someone you know had their pride hurt by busted bucks or wary does? Are you looking for a scapegoat or a way to recoup the cost from all the equipment that just doesn't seem to work? Its probably just you but we'll sue anyway, call this toll free number, don't let a empty freezer be the end....CALL NOW!!!"

Whats next???

Old 05-18-2009, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

People are too sue happy these days... this society is really starting to get to me...

Old 05-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't buy into Scent Lok's claims, but I think a lawsuit is overboard. A reasonably intelligent person should be able to make a decision based on his/her knowledge.

After all, when has a bow ever performed to it's advertised IBO speed?
Old 05-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Anyone w/ common sense would know that nothing is 100%...
Apparently not.

Wonder who's gonna be the first to hold Bowtch's feet to the fire for actually NOT taking the arch out of archery???[8D]
HaHaHa... Great Point.. I'm sure someone will try it before it's over with..
Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

It is easy to see why the pros with their hunting shows promote this stuff,it's their livelyhood.
So you're saying Honor, Integrity and a sense of right or wrong doesn't apply to them. No one forced them to sell their scrupples. They just go for the almighty dollar no matter what. I'm sorry, but that's the way I see them. And guess what, people will still buy their videos and flock to line up to say they talked with them at some cheesy outdoor show.
I'm not saying I agree with what they do,but if I had my own outdoor hunting show and got to hunt trophy whitetail and other big game all over the country,hey I would advertise it also and swearby it,hell it beats working anytime,and it's just not scent lok that makes claims that are maybe not screcthing the truth all companies seem to do it.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

Yes Scent Lok is innocent until proven guilty. I think this topic get people going and I am one of them. I never have bought any of their products, but hate to see people fall for false advertisement. It may not seem like it, but I care about other hunters and not the million dollar executive of some company that preys on people and their money. I have always agreed that Scent Lok has great quality of clothing from what I can tell and hear from people. I think they just should have changed their wording in their advertisement years ago. I think a lot of people fell for it. Not everyone is like us on these hunting websites and do all the research we do. Most people just watch a TV show or read a magazine and believe it. Those are the people I hope may get on here and learn the truth. I think it is great if people still buy their products; as long as they know the truth. I think all hunting and non hunting companies need to be a little more honest.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope he uses the word "gimmick", because that is exactly what Scent-Lok is...a huge gimmick.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Theirslogan says they are "taking" the arch out of archery. Not that they "took" the arch out of archery. Besides that this slogan was when they were actually taking the arch out of archery. They had some of the fastest bows on the market back then which did, in fact, take much of the arch out of archery.

I don't buy into Scent Lok's claims, but I think a lawsuit is overboard. A reasonably intelligent person should be able to make a decision based on his/her knowledge.
I am not trying to single you out but your response like thiswas the most recent. This is really meant for all that made similar comments.

So if a 14 year old hunter saved his hard earned lawn mowing money to purchase his___________(insert any brand here) carbon basedclothing so he could be a better hunter and get closer to bigger bucks like___________ (insert any "pro" hunters name here)because they all say it works all of the time every time andall he has to do is throw it in a dryer and it isgood as newhe should just suck it up and be glad that it only cost him $250 instead of $1250???????????

What if I sold you a carbon based water filtration kit and told you that all you had to do is throw the carbon bag filterin the dryer to reactivate the carbon and you could continue to use it indefinetly with no worries of health risks. One camping trip you come down with a life threatening illness that is directly linked to contaminated water. You believed my claims and followed my directions to a "T" but you have since learned that I was completely full of BS and none of my claims heald any merit what so ever. Would you just suck it up or would you sue me?

I hope they loose their butts in this law suit.

After all, when has a bow ever performed to it's advertised IBO speed?
My Bowtechs have. Some have even done better than advertised IBO speeds.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Dominant Buck

because they all say it works all of the time every time
So you think the kid's gonna read all the fine print?

Which SL slogan (since you broke the BT slogan down) isn't factual?

Quick Reply: Scent LoK & Lee Lakowsky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.