Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All Lead Ban in National Parks

Old 05-14-2009, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default All Lead Ban in National Parks

http://huntersagainstpeta.com/Recent...ting_News.html

A lead ban on all hunting ammo and fishing tackle was brought up in a meeting with ODFW and OHA. Who knows what will happen and where it will end.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: All Lead Ban in National Parks

I have mixed thoughts on this. This year i went to steel sinkers They where cheaper for the first year i have noticed. I think lead sinkers should be banned. There out dated and they are deadly. Do you realize how much lead is dropped in your lakes each year. But i do not think banning lead shot is at it's time yet. The steel still cost more mainly because they know we must buy them for waterfowl and such. I understand why the parks dept did it. Like banning 2 cycle boats on some lakes. But we all know why the anti is up for it.