Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Practice....we are talking about practice

Old 05-11-2009, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Practice....we are talking about practice

I shoot my compound bows as often as I can. I enjoy it immensely.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not get all worked up like I used to about shooting my bow 5 days a week in the off-season. Right now I am shooting 10-15 arrows a couple times a week. In July-August I will pick it up to 4-5 days a week, then in September to nearly every single day until I feel comfortable in every shooting position.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't touched my bow since early January. I probably won't start shooting until late July or early August. My kids have been shooting several times a week, they are shooting enough for me.[8D]
Old 05-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

The last couple years I've really stepped It up on practicing with my recurve. My form kind of took a turn for the worse so I'm busting my ass trying to get It back, were almost there too! Any how I usually shoot anywhere from 300 to 400 arrows a week from April thru September but as of late I've got some tendinitis Issues going on with my left arm so I've backed way off on my practicing, I'm not happy I can't shoot as much.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot at least 4-5 days a week. Arrows ranging from 20-200 each day.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot at least once a week, most weeks more. This time of year I'm usually playing with different setups and equipment to see how they perform for me, sights, rests, stabilizers, bows, arrows, vanes/feathers, etc.

Dan
Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I shoot my compound bows as often as I can. I enjoy it immensely.
Same here...
Old 05-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also shoot pretty much year round. My shooting practice continues all thorugh hunting season as well, especially once the weather gets cold and bitter, granted I don't shoot as much but I make it to the backyard to through a few arrows atleast every other day.

I'm kind of surprised that some here rarely shoot their rigs! [:-]I just kind of thought that the kind of folks that would be attracted to a large hunting forum like this one would be pretty much comitted to the sport at a year round basis. Remember, you can't ever blame anything but yourself for poor performance when you don't work at it. Shot ops at trophy class animals simple don't comeoften enough to not be prepared for them, the way I see it.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer target or just a target? I was thinking about getting a real life target to get my mind right!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot year round as well. I hit it hard here in Jan-Feb, but then I bought a house, and that's my new time consumer. Haven't touched the bow since March. I will get back into it in a few weeks when I'm done working for the summer.

Quick Reply: Practice....we are talking about practice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.