Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Real Tree Outdoors Show 4/26/3

Old 04-26-2003, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Real Tree Outdoors Show 4/26/3

I think I saw a thread on this earler but had to coment . These guys need to look at what they are putting on TV before they do it . Get a new editor Bill . The last part of the show shows a young lady dryfire her bow , then her husban puts her arrow on the rest for her while shes at full draw , then she makes a poor shot , and they show it . It looks like the hunt takes place in the mourning and they recover the deer at sunset . When they recover the deer she talks about missing one earlyer in the week . I know these things happen but come on guys this was one mistake after another , and something alittel editing would have taken care of .
Old 04-26-2003, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Real Tree Outdoors Show 4/26/3

The first thing I thought of was that Tammy Gregory is trying to shoot with way too much poundage on her bow. You can tell she totally struggles to even draw the darn thing. That would contribute to her having all the problems. And, the shot looked to be plenty high on the deer that she did shoot, so maybe she did shoot it in the morning, and they didn' t recover it until night fall. They had her on another show last fall, when she had the flu, and was unable to even draw on a deer, Jay tried to help her draw it on that show. Looks to me like she needs to lower the poundage on her bows! Oh, and she credited those bucks coming to her because of the grunt tube and rattling antlers. It looked to me like they just so happen to be coming her way to start with, they didn' t even acknoledge her when she was rattling. Just my opinion, maybe they didn' t show us everything.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I told my dad when it came on that I couldn' t believe they would even put that on the air. I don' t really care for the realtree bunch anyway but that kind of thing hurts all hunters. The other show that howler mentioned was actually even more pathetic than the one yesterday. She needs to crank her bow down a few pounds. I use to like Jay' s show but yesterday' s show was the straw that broke the camels back.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. I mean heres a tip. How about making sure you can draw your bow before you get up a tree with it. Not only should you hunt with a draw weight that you can easily pull but it should be one that you can easily hold at full draw for an extended period of time.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

I saw that show a while back and was amazed they could even call that hunting. I love to watch hunting shows but it really is the farthest thing from " real hunting" you can get. I really have to laugh when the guy/girl sits in a 50 foot tripod in the middle of a food plot and shoots the buck of a lifetime. He comes out panting and says " we hunted hard for 3 days and it all finally paid off" . If thats hunting hard then you should see me " hunt" gophers, it' s excruciating on me. I like walk at least 1/2 mile[X(]. Sorry to say, but hunting a food plot is not hunting! Try getting out and walking around for a bit IN THE BUSH. I realize it' s pretty hard to stalk with a camera man behind you but c' mon, lets call these shows shooting, not hunting. I know it gives us real hunters a bad name when someone watches one of these shows and thinks thats how easy it is. I stick to 100% fair chase videos for my viewing pleasure, thats exciting and more realistc. JDinAB
Old 04-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Banned

What i first noticed about that portion of the show is when she tried to pull back her bow. She was using WAY to much poundage. When you use to much poundage you turn your bow to the side to get more leverage, This caused her arrow to fall off the rest. Then she Dry fires it!!?! Why would you dry fire your bow with 4 bucks that close to you? She could have just let it down. Now about Her husband putting the arrow on the rest for her. Oh how sweet of him[:@] NOT. I dont call that fair chase. If that would happen to me i would have anyone around to put my arrow on. So that aint " fair" . Then the shot she made. That made me sick. It is a part of hunting, but not a part that people need to see on TV. lets just hope that the " antis" didnt see this film. If they did im sure they video taped the shot. Realtree is a great show, but it looks like they need a new editor
Old 04-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesnt sound like i missed much of a show.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:10 PM

Didn' t see that but yesterday morning they had bowhunting from a treestand, around a waterhole, in Africa.

Now that was cool. Just need more of it and more slow-mo hits.