Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

Old 04-18-2003, 03:15 PM

Default LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

I' m looking at purchasing the Lone Wolf hang on stand in a couple weeks from Cabelas. Anyone out there give me some feedback on them.

Sincerly,
Mathewsconquest
Old 04-18-2003, 03:49 PM

Default RE: LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

I do not own one but i was thinking of ordering one myself. their is a link to their web site on the homepage. www.lonewolfstands.com
Old 04-18-2003, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

If it is as good as my Lone Wolf climbing stand, I would not hesitate.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

I have a buddy that has one, and he loves it. I hunted out of it once and I liked it too. It also has a built in bowholder.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Dito Cougar Mag. Lone Wolf treestands are light, durable and functional. The one thing they aren' t is cheap.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:29 AM

You' re right, they are not cheap. I have a hang on by loan wolf and I love it. I primarily use mine for my true portable stand. They are by far the quietest, quickest, stand to put up and take down. If I plan on leaving a stand in the woods for any length of time I get the cheaper brands(have had some bad luck with the thieves[:@].
Old 04-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

two years ago I got the " Sit and Climb" and my friend got the " lock-on" .
He traded his for a muzzle loader to another friend.
He has been trying to get it back ever since...

They are expensive...but quality only has to be bought once!
Old 04-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought a Alpha Hang-on a couple months ago. I haven' t hunted out of one, but man is it easy to hang, quiet, and solid. This is going to be my stand this year. I am going to make a bunch of setups and just take it in and out with me.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:06 PM

I have had the lone wolf climber. I hated that stand I had a lot of problems with it slipping etc A buddy of mine had the perminent stand by lone wolf it is a good stand. I just dont like there clibers. If you ever decide on a cliber I would suggest the ole man I love the one I have. Its ver comfortable. As far as cost of stands you could find cheapers stands that are as light as the lone wolf for about half the cost. I purchased 2 permenant stands last fall for 30.00 a peice from bass pro or cabalas cant remember. but these are very comfortable stands and very light. When I purchase tree stands I look for comfort #1 secondley I look at weight of the stand. Then last price. What I would do if I was you is go to your local sporting goods store and look at what kind of stands they have. you can get a better idea of what opptions you like this wayversus just seeing the picture. To me weight and comfort are #1. WELL GOOD LUCK.
Old 05-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Buckeye, I am curious. Did you have the Lone Wolf climber with the old v-bar? I guarantee my Lone Wolf Alpha climber will not slip!!!! I recommend the traction belt climbers over any climbing stand that uses a cable, chain or v-bars. The traction belts used on the Lone Wolf climbers will absolutely not slip if used correctly of course. I plan on keeping mine for many years. I have never used a stand that was so quiet....lock on or climbing!

Quick Reply: LONE WOLF TREESTANDS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.