Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathew Bows - String Suppressor Question

Old 02-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mathew Bows - String Suppressor Question

I see that the newer Mathews Bows have string suppresors behing the cams. I also have been noticing lately that alot of Mathews owners are adding after market string suppressors behind the stabilizer bar. Why is that, are the suppressors behind the cams not doing the job?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathew Bows - String Suppressor Question

I heard that some of the newer bows that Mathews is coming out with the rubber for the string suppressor is to soft so the sting goes past it. So people add after market suppressors to stop this.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Huntinman23

I heard that some of the newer bows that Mathews is coming out with the rubber for the string suppressor is to soft so the sting goes past it. So people add after market suppressors to stop this.
They did have a limited few issues with this but for the most part the Idler wheel had a small amount of lean that was causing this and it is an easy fix.The reason most are adding the extra riser mounted supressor is just to make the bow even quieter and even more shock free.The riser mounted supressor will also aid in arm slap
Old 02-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Feedback I get from Mathews owners and there are many is Very Positive. I almost think the Limb Tip suppressors in conjunction with a MeanV Suppressor is Super effecient.
I have several Reezen owners whohave reported excellent results, and I'm sure the Lost Camo fitting in does not hurt either.

Picture is not the greatest

Dan

Old 02-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The Feedback I get from Mathews owners and there are many is Very Positive. I almost think the Limb Tip suppressors in conjunction with a MeanV Suppressor is Super effecient.
I have several Reezen owners whohave reported excellent results, and I'm sure the Lost Camo fitting in does not hurt either.

Picture is not the greatest

Dan

Nothing like getting some advertising in huh Dan? lol
Old 02-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

HM23 You can pull my suppressor pic down as many times as you want!

It's funny! I have a tracker on my website that tells me where someone comes from when they go to my website. After being off of AT for 1 1/2 years most of my customers still come from there. That tells me there are a lot of Happy customers that spread the word over there, and also the MeanV has sold itself.

I have never bashed a competitors product nor have I ever claimedmine was the best. I always tell people there are several options out there, look them over, and pick the one you like the best. They are IMO the best bang for your $$ you'll get in a Bow accessory.

You have to get product exposureThe MeanV Suppressorwas in an equipment article by Curt Wellsin BowHunter magazine, but other than that it has just spread by customer satisfaction and then word of mouth.

We were also the First to offer Camo Suppressors!

Dan