Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Happy Day (pics)

Old 01-26-2009, 05:05 PM

Default Happy Day (pics)

Well been waiting to post this for about a week just to make sure that this would be legitimate. Last week we got my wife a bow. We had been talking about it for a few months and she was getting more and more interested. With us both being in college we were needing a pretty fairly affordable bow. Did a few review searches looked on a few forums and came up with a few choices. We went to a bass pro shops to hopefuly find a pretty affordable package deal. Now I wouldnt regularly go to a box-bow shop to get a bow but it seemed to be the most logical choice since affordability was a key. We knew it was going to be between the diamond razor edge, parker buckshot, parker sidekick, browning micro-midas. She shot all of them a few times and narrowed it down to the parker sidekick and the diamond razor edge. After a long evening of shooting and discussing she decided on the parker sidekick. For her it was the easiest to draw and felt the best during the shot. I will have to admit I was really impressed with the little bow. It was pretty quiet w/o any of the limb saver stuff on it and pretty quick.

Dressed up in the NEXT microprint camo, had a bohning4 arrow quiver, a cobra 3 pin sight and hostage rest. I thought this was plenty adequate for a beginner bow. We got her the 30-40 lb bow and Parker has a program that for 50$ you can send the bow back and get limb upgrades so after she gets form down (which is looking like it might take a little bit) and gets a little muscle buildupwe will probably get the 40-50 lb limbs. We got her some beman ICS junior hunter arrows and she was set.

Afte getting the bow home, doing a little tuning and installing a few limb saver items she was shooting pretty well. I am super proud of her because she came up and asked me if we could get her a bow and that made me really happy. She has been shooting quite a bit this week and her form and groups are already getting much better. Hopefully by April she will be ready for a little turkey hunting and definately by next Oct we will have another deer hunter in the house. The best part is that we are going to be able to spend alot of time together shooting. Here are a few pics.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:06 PM

Default RE: Happy Day (pics)

A few more.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Can that draw length be shortened any more or is she at the bottom of the modules. She's a little long in the draw. Notice how she's leaning back onto her right leg?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a nice looking bow, i have a parker and i am completely satisfied with it. the draw does look a little long.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking bow, and I am with Rob on this one. Looks like the draw is a little to long for her.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:57 PM

Will do on the DL guys, I tried it once but then she said it felt better like we have it now but I am gonna have tell her to get tough lol.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is a great little bow, I have a friend that just bought one for himelf, and one for his son.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats a nice looking bow. im also with Rob, the DL looks a little to long
Old 01-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Can that draw length be shortened any more or is she at the bottom of the modules. She's a little long in the draw. Notice how she's leaning back onto her right leg?
Hard to tell, butit looks to me like she is pushing her hips forward.

I used to have the same problem.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Hard to tell, butit looks to me like she is pushing her hips forward.

I used to have the same problem.

Look out he's checking out your wife's hips[8D]

that is a sweet looking bow, trying to convince my girlfriend to get a new bow with a little higher draw weight...maybe I'll have her shoot one of those to see how it feels...

Quick Reply: Happy Day (pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.