Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Disability & Crossbows

Old 01-27-2009, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Disability & Crossbows

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

I support them 100% to use durring the rifle season where they belong.
Ditto!!
To each his own, especially when it comes to opinions. My totally honest opinion on crossbows vs. compounds is WHO CARES? I just love to deer hunt, and I will never mind sharing the woods during bow season with crossbow hunters. I know I'm more accurate than they are and I have a longer accurate range. Crossbows are legal during bow season in both of my home states, and based on what I've seen, it's perfectly okay with me.

On the injury issue, just because someone can pick up 50 pounds does not mean that they can draw a bow. I tore the cartilage in my shoulder because some bonehead working at BPS had be draw a 72#bow incorrectly when I was shopping for my first bow. One month after surgery, I could have picked up 50 pounds, but I couldn't draw my daughters 25# bow. Totally different shoulder movement. Don't be so quick to pass judgement, folks.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

I think crossbows have a place, and I don't even mind them being used by a hunter as an introductory weapon, say a 2 yr. crossbow permit starting out, whatever. I think for handi-capped, elderly, and youth, they are a great weapon to get those out who might not otherwise have a viable opportunity to hunt. Beyond that, I believe an able-bodied person should be hunting with the weapon of an "able-bodied" person. If some of those cross-gunners would put the time into learning how to shoot a bow, and tune a bow, they'd probably very likely find that a compound bow in the hands of a trained users is a superior weapon for accuracy anyhow.
Doug, I agree with your complete post 200%

Especially the last part! Most people don't realize that

Dan
Thanks Dan, every once in a while a good idea flies through my brain, usually they are rogue ideas passed on from others though.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:18 AM
Dominant Buck

For that doctor to sign off on a disibility permit for your coworker the physician had to swear under oath that the permit was legally issued or face a penalty.Why the hell do you even care? It's none of your business how someone else hunts or what they use if they aren't breaking the law doing it. Get a life...