Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2009 Shedding season....

Old 01-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2009 Shedding season....

Nice sheds but it is still to earlly here, i saw a buck yestarday with both sides still. Congrats
Old 01-30-2009, 12:29 PM

Default RE: 2009 Shedding season....

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

Lightning McQueen! I must scream it to the world!

but seriously, those are some nice finds bud, congrats on the find and on gettin em next year

You may scream all you want, it is the kids play table (and he has a whole buttload of them things, use them for scale/size reference)

Anyways, I doubt we will see him next year, because the first horn we found was still attached to his carcass. Had the DNR out and they took a look at him (didn't see anything wrong with him besides being REALLY worn down) to see if there was anything seriously wrong with him (outside of being dead of course) CWD, or something else. His off the cuff opinion was he just wore himself during the rut, no wounds on him (external or internal) and it didn't look like he had been hit by a car......

Amazing how far an animal will push itself to continue the species......