Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Game Cart (It's Back)

Old 01-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Game Cart (It's Back)

ORIGINAL: blacktail slayer

I used a two wheel Cabelas cart on my elk this past year. When I started to side hill; the down hill wheel broke. That is another reason I have heard hunters in my area prefer a 1 wheel cart.
Which game cart were you using? They have different weight capacities.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

I was using the 250 or 300lb cart. I would have to look up the weight. I had a gutted out bull on it, which was find until I started to side hill. All the weight went to the down hill side of the cart and folded the wheel. A single wheel cart would not do this. I know several friends that have taken out whole elk on the "Carryall Buddy" cart going side hill without the problem I had.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see a picture...but I want a game cart maybe I will look into it if they are worth it
Old 01-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was using the 250 or 300lb cart. I would have to look up the weight. I had a gutted out bull on it, which was find until I started to side hill.
Wouldn't a gutted out bull elk weigh more than 250 or 300lbs?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Banned

How much are they?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

I think they will be around $300. I know guys that have taken out whole elk on it and it is worth every penny from what everyone says. The cart can be used with only one person also. Look back at the pic on my first post and you can see how it tips down to load up a deer. It can be collapsed down to pack in, has brakes, and it is orange to keep a person from being shoot at.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

What ever happened to just sucking it up and dragging them like a real man Lol j/k!!! Im gonna have all the "old" guys on my back now

Derek
Well I hunt at least 3 miles behind locked gates. I am young, but would like to save the capes and not rub the hide down to the meat. It is a lot faster with a cart when you are talking 3 or more miles.
I wasnt knocking it at all! I was just makin a funny lol! I said that b/c where i hunt having one of those is impossible, and while i would LOVE to have one, it justcant be done. Im stuck draggin em' by the neck with a belt/deer drag[:'(] I was mainly just poking fun.

Derek
Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

One of my dads friends made a elk cart with 2 motorcycle tires and old navy cot. We took a 1,000lb elk out whole with it. Way to bulky and heavy for what I'm wanting.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

ttt for those looking for a new cart.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Typical Buck

Well my cart is either a 3wheeler and small trailer or the JD gator. both are pretty slick.[8D]

Quick Reply: Game Cart (It's Back)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.