Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Black bows

Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 PM

Default Black bows

Looking at getting a new bow here pretty soon. I absolutely love the look of an all black bow and accessories but am wondering if that is gonna end up hurting me come next season.

To me, I think all black is gonna be easier for a deer to pick out and it just adds to that big dark blob in the tree. Or I should say, stand out, against everything. Since this is gonna be a big investment for me, I just want some extra opinions from you guys.

Or am I just over thinking things? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-20-2009, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Black bows

Over thinking it!!!! It wont hurt you one bit if you like it buy it!! Heck my daughter use's a all pink riser and the deer don't get any more spookier than here in Michigan and they don't ever bust her, so I black wont hurt you!!Walt
Old 01-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I wanted A Black Bow I'd go for it. I don't think the deer will care.

I hunted with all Black Bows years ago when that was about the only choice there was in a Hunting Bow. Camo bows were unheard of.

I like all the options we have today as consumers!

Dan
Old 01-20-2009, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to have a target Alpine Silveradointhe late 80'/early 90'sthat was stunning to look at. Ithad ababy blue riserwithgray metallic sparkly limbs, complete withchrome overdraw, limb pockets,and cams. When I shot it sounded like a gun going off; she was "loud and proud"!

Long story short, it didn't cost me any deer in the woods. There were a number of hunters however that just shook their heads when they saw what I was shooting.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Banned

I agree with others...black isnt going 2 hurt you. Very small thin line of black...looks like sticks
Old 01-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Backwhen I started, youhad black and target colors. I made some extra money doing camo jobs on bows in the late 70's early 80's.
I liked the black riser and camo limbs myself.
I worry more about how glossy my equipment is more thanthe color.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like the others have said, Black isn't a concern as long as she doesn't shine/glare.

I accessorize all my bows in black anyway, that way moving expensive accessories from bow to bow match.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a good point Rob, matching up a good quiver, sight, rest and stabilizer can almost cost you almost as much as a new bow.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I learned that a long time ago when I shot for Hoyt. Every other year they'd changed camo options and accessorizes would never match. I've used all black accessories since the 90's. They match everthing.

Of course when someone keeps a bow for a long time, matching acc. are always cool.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Thats a good point Rob, matching up a good quiver, sight, rest and stabilizer can almost cost you almost as much as a new bow.
Easily whether the accessories are black or Camo!

I paid $200 for my last sight and my 1st compound bow cost $125 New

Dan

Quick Reply: Black bows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.