Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kodiak Archer

Old 01-12-2009, 05:51 PM

Default Kodiak Archer

can you post that pic of that bear you killed in your avatar? Tell us how big that sucker is, how close he was when you shot it, tracking job etc...I would love to at least here the short story behind that mamouth..
Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kodiak Archer

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

can you post that pic of that bear you killed in your avatar? Tell us how big that sucker is, how close he was when you shot it, tracking job etc...I would love to at least here the short story behind that mamouth..
I'd love to hear that story and see some pics as well.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was fortunate enought to have Rob (Kodiak) on my team this year. The man lives the life that many of us dream about spending just one week in a lifetime doing! He goes out on Bear, Reindeer, Goat and you name it, hunts, like we go out for whitetails.

I don't envy to many people, but his adventures are truly ahhh-inspiring!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:46 PM

I'll scan the Alaskan Bowhunter article from when I shot it and post it tomorrow. Stay tuned.

I'm not really doing anything the rest of you wouldn't be doing if you were here, I just happened to take a turn someplace in life that landed me here and I'm taking full advantage of it while I can.[8D]
Old 01-12-2009, 06:50 PM

can't wait! that is the biggest damn bear I have ever seen in my life!! Im not a bear hunter, but that sucker would have me checking my pants!!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

can't wait! that is the biggest damn bear I have ever seen in my life!! Im not a bear hunter, but that sucker would have me checking my pants!!
Remember, the camera lies. It was only a 500 or so pound 8 footer with a 23" skull. The one I was after this fall is 1500 or so pounds at 10 1/2+ foot with what I'm hoping to be a 30" skull... That's a monster!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

I'm not really doing anything the rest of you wouldn't be doing if you were here...
I don't know about that. I wonder how many would have the eggs to go up against something that wants to kill/eat you after you stick it with an arrow.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:33 PM

Well, let's see how this experiment works... Enjoy!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:14 PM

Try again, Im anxious to see it as well. My favorite is still the Mtn Goat pic...that one is INSANELY awesome!

Spoke to soon, works here now.[&:] Still favoring the Billy goat pic though.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Wow Awesome Read Rob!

That had to be a rush....Don't you hate second guessing your shot placement when it turns out to be just fine in the end? After taking up track on my buck, I thought for sure I hit too far back...but it turned out to be a double lung shot...similar to your story. It sucks playing it back 1000 times and kicking yourself for something that didn't even happen.

A P&Y Brown Bear from the ground at 20 yards with a bow, DIY style....can it get any better? Now get that B&C Billy you were after this year, and compare.

Quick Reply: Kodiak Archer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.