Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GOT IT FIXED!!!

Old 04-12-2003, 12:52 PM

Default GOT IT FIXED!!!

But I had to rig it

After thinking about this mess for a few days, I came to my feeble conclusion that the rest had to stay up longer - over 3 inches. Can' t do this from the cable. Thats why Jamie from BowTech strings it on the cable slide. Off the slide it got better but I could not completely get rid of contact. I tied the bungy, but it it was to stretchy and would not even lift the rest.

Sooo.....I pulled out my trusty little spring I had used on my converted Mathews rest and rigged it to the cable. Adjusted it to come up at the last 4 inches of draw and PRESTO, PERFECT.

Still not sure if I am going to keep it, but at least I beat it

Thanks for all the help.
Old 04-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GOT IT FIXED!!!

Way to go Rack. We' ll teach these dang mechanical devises whos boss. Ha!
Old 04-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you got if figured out rack , they are a nice rest , sometimes hard to get right . I have one on my cybertech and like you it took a long while to figure it out but I am very happy with it .
Old 04-12-2003, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Rack Good to here you got that problem fixed. You really sounded pissed last week.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Dominant Buck

DANG... cables, springs, rubber bands, bungi cords... that must be some kind of UGLY about now.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:43 PM

Way to go Rack. Show it who' s boss.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:50 PM

Done like a true Bowhunter, never give up!!!!!!! My thoughts also for the rest to support longer rather than less. I wondered about the return spring on the TT being able to out run the arrow I know my limb will always be ahead of the string with my rest
Old 04-14-2003, 10:19 AM

it just goes to show a little mickey mouse engineering always come in handy ,glad to hear you got the problem solved!![:-]
Old 04-14-2003, 01:02 PM

You might be a redneck if................LOL J/K At least you got it fixed........for now! LOL I posted a thread on another board.......Crazy, wacko fixes.......EVERYONE! If you see the thread, go ahead and post it there! LOL
Old 04-15-2003, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Glad to hear it RA. Now you can knock one of those complaints off of your " checklist" .

Quick Reply: GOT IT FIXED!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.