Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Speed

Old 01-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Speed

Lot of good informationon this post, but it has raised a question. Where does BH become a problem? Anyone care to create an equation where you put in your average target score, existing BH, and then you receive a table of your score and BH. Just a crazy notion. My goal is to shoot a 300 on a 5 spot, but I just can't do it YET. That is going to be a happy day when it happens. If I had that table, maybe I could determine the BH that I need. How important it is? I am not in the position to practice with this variable and I know that some have. Comments?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Speed

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Well like I said, if a guy can shoot a fast bow with deadly accuracy, then go for it...I never really was that great with a bow with a low brace height...I just freak when i see the BH going down to 5.5" just to get more speed. I know Meanv is a very dedicated hunter/archer and he has his set up the way he wants it and he is deadly with it, same with Rob and HCH, these guys understand what it takes to be great shots when shooting a fast bow..now you take a guy that is inexperienced and new to the game and he goes for the 360 fps bow....not good.
True Vab,

Even as a seasoned shooter, too many years of comp then I can remember, then and today I wouldn't purchase a bow with a 5.5" brace height no matter who the manufacturer is. I find it rather disheartening that a bow steps back to short brace height to achieve such speeds. The industry was proceeding in the other direction, real speeds with more than adequate brace height, smooth draws and recoil/noise free. That's a bow.

Oh yeah, it's made I know by several manuf. but why go to a wrist slapping 5.5" brace? Your right, there will be a ton of archers grabbing at it and just a hand few of those will be able to shoot it accurately. You then will see them for sale with the former owners looking for more brace height.
WAIT A MINUTE ROB, Aren't you a guy who was shooting a 6" BH bow last July??? Though, I might tend to agree with the thought itself, I think the guy shooting the SHORTEST BH bow WAS the "Top Shooter of the NE GTG in 2008, wasn't he???? [:@] I suppose that should make me feel even worse.