Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Camels?

Old 01-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting Camels?

Wow. How can you condemn someone forhunting something that you've never hunted. You have no idea how the hunt actually goes. The whole "it's not hunting" argument can be said for just about anything. Lame argument.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

When hunting season comes around
So, when is the camel season in Australia? Is there such a thing?What do you think the human populationstatsare in the Australian outback? How many people does a camel see in a day, month, lifetime? You are making assumptions which are based around your little dot on the planet. Are you sure you want to do this?

As far as getting close, here's a shot of one of our own. Those goats must have been non-wild, right?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/robswanson/Critters/cover.jpg

You might PM Rob and ask him how many humans those goats see in a day...
Old 01-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

So, when is the camel season in Australia? Is there such a thing?What do you think the human populationstatsare in the Australian outback? How many people does a camel see in a day, month, lifetime? You are making assumptions which are based around your little dot on the planet. Are you sure you want to do this?
I don't know you tell me. Have you ever hunted camels before?

As far as getting close, here's a shot of one of our own. Those goats must have been non-wild, right?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/robswanson/Critters/cover.jpg
They may have been wild, I had deer walk right up next to me while I was sitting next to a tree deer hunting. If I moved they would have ran away. A.K.A. I couldn't have walked up to them and shot them.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've walked up close enough to shoot Whitetails on numerous occasions during Bow season in IL.

Maybe they are not Wild here!

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Wow. How can you condemn someone forhunting something that you've never hunted. You have no idea how the hunt actually goes. The whole "it's not hunting" argument can be said for just about anything. Lame argument.
I didn't "condemn" it. I just didn't think the camels looked all that wild...
Old 01-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I've walked up close enough to shoot Whitetails on numerous occasions during Bow season in IL.

Maybe they are not Wild here!

Dan
All I can say is congrats to all you bow hunters out there that can walk within bow range of whitetails! Why do you guys even use treestands?
Old 01-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just don't think the camels on that video were 100% wild.
For one thing what the video did not show was the 4 to 5 hour stalk to get within bow range.

In that part of Aus there are no fences or homesteadsfor thousands of miles so yeah they where 100% wild.

when is the camel season in Australia?
Year round they are a feral animal and not native.

What do you think the human populationstatsare in the Australian outback?
At the last sensus there where 20 million people in Aus with the marjority on the Eastern seaboard ( Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane). Now take into consideration that Aus is only 98% the size of the USA but only has 1/14th the population.

You know tomost Aussie's sitting in a tree stand 20 feet up waiting for a whitetail to come along is not hunting either but we don't knock the guys who choose to do so. Atleast in Aus.they get offthier butts and go looking for whatthey are hunting then put on a stalk to get within bow range and if you think thats easy it ain't

Old 01-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Neverthought about hunting camels? If it is legal sure go for it . does any body know how they taste ? I'm thinking they are tough and gamey
Old 01-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan,

I have managed to grab both mule and whitetail deer during the hunting season with my bare hands. I didn't exactly walk right up to them, but I did sneak in on them. Did the same thing to many elk...my closest shot came from three feet away. Each hunting situation is unique.

Mike,

I think if one were to draw a straight line between the goats eyes and Rob's figure( a cone shape would show everything that the goats were seeing), then Rob is clearly within plain sight of the goats. I believe, if I remember right, he was in that postion for an extended time period. The point is: anything is possible.

No, I have never hunted camels before. I look forward to doing it someday. When I'm finished, I'll let you know the extent of a camel's eyesight. I hear they can spit and hit a target at 4 meters! Finally, to my knowledge there is no season on camels in OZ. I'd be willing to bet thereare very fewseasons onmost of theanimals in OZ (I know for a fact there are no seasons and regs to speak of in New Zealand). There aren't enough people for it to matter at this point, and those that do hunt have their fill.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter
All I can say is congrats to all you bow hunters out there that can walk within bow range of whitetails! Why do you guys even use treestands?
I can't speak for everyone but I use Treestands because I'd get tired walking around all day![8D]

Jking

Dan

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Camels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.