Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Camels?

Old 01-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting Camels?

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Why do guys not frown upon hog hunting in America then?

Seems extremely similar to me. Both feral animals, both meat gets consumed...what am I missing?

Virginia, feral bulls ARE hunted in Australia. Just another animal out there now, been around since colony times.
I think hogs are MUCH harder to "hunt" than camels. IMO
Agree, I havn't seen any razorbacks that will let you walk up to them and put an arrow thru them. If you did get away with it you better have a tree to climb up in.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's diiferent...........

Shane
Old 01-10-2009, 12:21 PM

doesnt look like much fun to me- not much ofa rush walking up to an animal and shooting it as it stands there and just looks at you. On the other hand if i could only get a big buck to do that !
Old 01-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, the camels that let the guys in this video walk right up to them were already shot. Secondly, killingthe surplus of camels is a necessary part of wildlife management in Australia, not unlike killing feral pigs here (study the subject matter a little). Goats, dingo, water buffalo, donkeys,wild brambies (horses) feral cattle (shrub bulls), and even roos are hunted in Australia. As are the hordes of rabbits and hares which decimate the natural vegetation. They are all free ranging...I would think you blokes would salute our Aussie bowhunters! Once again, we show our arrogance. Ten bucks says not one of you have tried it, and yet you're willing to condemn those that consider this great sport. I guess the entire world should hunt nothing but white-tailed deer?

It gets old!
Old 01-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tembry, then I take back part of my comments. Did not know feral camels were hunted....if so, then go for it. It looked staged to me.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a link to an awesome forum. Take the time to get to know these aussies. They're a fine lot and are very willing to educate us dumb Americans. I would be the last guy to call them anything but amazing bow hunters.

http://www.aussiebowhunter.com/
Old 01-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

First of all, the camels that let the guys in this video walk right up to them were already shot. Secondly, killingthe surplus of camels is a necessary part of wildlife management in Australia, not unlike killing feral pigs here (study the subject matter a little). Goats, dingo, water buffalo, donkeys,wild brambies (horses) feral cattle (shrub bulls), and even roos are hunted in Australia. As are the hordes of rabbits and hares which decimate the natural vegetation. They are all free ranging...I would think you blokes would salute our Aussie bowhunters! Once again, we show our arrogance. Ten bucks says not one of you have tried it, and yet you're willing to condemn those that consider this great sport. I guess the entire world should hunt nothing but white-tailed deer?

It gets old!

I Agree!! There is way too much of the attitude that if I don't/can't do it, that it's not right and/or Fun.

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting. If I had the opportunity to bowhunt camels I would try it. As for the guy walking up to the wobbly-legged wounded camel to try and "push" it over.. I dont know about that.

Cool video
Old 01-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have many Customers in Australia. These guys are Hunters!! No doubt!

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Spike

all that meat i think i would want to pack out on a camel. wait[&o][&o][&o][&o]now u cant

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Camels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.