Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Camels?

Old 01-11-2009, 05:56 PM

Default RE: Bowhunting Camels?

BTW the 6 species of deer are:
[ol][*]Red[*]Fallow[*]Rusa[*]Chital/Axis[*]Sambar[*]Hog (or swamp deer I think they are sometimes called overseas).[/ol]Again, from memory....
Old 01-11-2009, 06:18 PM

Haha.... nice one! I guess it depends if you ask them about their "rack" size or not[:'(]
Old 01-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I've walked up close enough to shoot Whitetails on numerous occasions during Bow season in IL.

Maybe they are not Wild here!

Dan
Man your lucky! Iwish they did that in my part of Illinois!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

i have to agree they look way to easy, and as for bowhunting cows i have two things to say. Maximum archery did a corriente bull hunt in mexico, and a couple years ago a hispanic guy rolled into the checking station one mi. from myhome with a dead and gutted jersey heifer calf, thinking the entire time it was a deer.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Aussie hunters. Your hunting style sounds like good old fashioned stalking and hard work. RESPECT. Take care and I hope to learn more about your tactics and styles as I am sure they could help me out in my hunting. I look forward to some of you alls posts in the future. I would like to hear about your stalk hunts, from the general to the specific details.

Brett
Old 01-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

A big welcome to our bowhunting brothers from Down Under! I hope you guys stop by here more often. This has been the most interesting thread I've seen on here in a good long time. It's great to see something as different and varied as what you guys get to hunt and where.

I want to apologize for some of the uneducated posts. A few of these guys have that "Holier than thou" attitude that really sucks sometimes. I'm just glad you're all not as quick to judge all of us by them as they seem to be doing with you guys based on one short video.

If I could, I'd join you on a hunt or three out there. Camels, pigs, whatever. If it tastes good, I'll kill it.

Again, welcome to the site. Don't be strangers.

Steve
Old 01-11-2009, 08:41 PM

???? Why don't you just hunt trees....

Do you eat camel??
Old 01-11-2009, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

Seems like you guys have quite the grab bag of species to hunt over there. I had no idea. I was trying to find some info and ran across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYyLoaJ-vh8

some beautiful country over there, hope this gives a little better of a visual to all the people that were doggin on hunting camels....
Ahh, Clints vid. I still love watching that.
I recon that footage will give you a bit better idea of what Australian bow hunting has to offer.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:38 PM

I have read this entire thread, and I have 2 things to say.

8pt~bowhunter, your arrogance shows badly when you make assumptions such as you did. I think you absence in the last 7 pages is proof enough that you realize this.

Second, welcome to all the new Aussie members. It is cool to have them aboard.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:52 AM

HI guys my name is Shane and this is my first post to this site (Which is really cool btw ), Im the guy in the camel video in the plain shirt. Firstly let me say that all the animals taken were wild, we did about 450 miles that day and hit 1 fence which we followed for a while then left as we had no permission to cross.My first shot was easy as the tree in front of me masked the camels view and he couldnt see me, easy as. He was not injured just unable to see me and confused. We took about 40 lbs of meat and gave it to the locals who owned the land as a gift. We took meat off all the animals to hand out to different people along the way. In short camels are generally hard to get close to and have a history of killing people when they get riled as do most of the other things I hunt.
I watched a dvd of an american client here hunting buff and his stalking skills were terrible I guess its what you are used to. The way we tend to hunt is different to the states as are the animals, each to their own. I dont think much or sitting in a tree for ages or putting a pack of hounds on an animal but like I said each to their own. If you cant stalk a whitetail deer then go and ask an indian, people tell me they used to be able to get close to them.
I have travelled the states twice ( my brother in law is from boston ) and enjoyed my visits a great deal. Yes its different hunting stylesright or wrong well thats up to the beholder to decide but to criticise while having absolutely no idea what you are talking about speaks volumes. I guess I am lucky to be able to hunt where and whenever I want and the greatest lesson I have learnt is to keep an open mind.
cheers

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Camels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.