Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Camels?

Old 01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting Camels?

puk--intersting stuff. So your mom's from Ohio...pretty cool.Austraila sounds like an awesome place to bowhunt, an this thread has taught me a lot about game in Austraila. If I wasn't a poor college student I'd love to make a trip.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:13 PM

Holy crap did he shoot that buff as it charged?
He? He, is Mick from Trophy Bowhunts and that's a feral scrub bull (wild bull bovine) which are known for their very short temper.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

O I see.. Thats awesome. Must have been one hell of an adrenaline rush
Old 01-11-2009, 05:24 PM
puk

It's great watching the long version, where he has run out of arrows for his recurve, and is running around, picking them up out of the grass, having another shot, running to find another one. Mick is one serious hunter.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

American archers RULE! A big welcome from up above to our archery friends down under.

Huh? Rule what?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Banned

Welcome to the forum all of you guys from overseas. Excited to have you and the overseas contacts for hopefully future travels.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like you guys have quite the grab bag of species to hunt over there. I had no idea. I was trying to find some info and ran across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYyLoaJ-vh8

some beautiful country over there, hope this gives a little better of a visual to all the people that were doggin on hunting camels....
Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 PM

We have a few species...

Rabbits,
hares,
cats,
dogs,
dingos,
goats,
pigs,
donkeys,
6 species of deer,
feral cattle,
buffalo,
brumbies (feral horses),
camels
and an array of fish species that can be bowhunted as well (european carp in South Australia only, for example).

All land dwelling bowhuntable species in Oz are feral or introduced (that is, non-native). Native animals are illegal to hunt with bow and arrow over here. Bowhunting for fish, or bowfishing generally can only take place in tidal waters where spear fishing is allowed (laws differ from state to state, again european carp in South Australia only, for example).

I think that's all...
Old 01-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good stuff OzGriff
Old 01-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OzGriff

We have a few species...

Rabbits,
hares,
cats,
dogs,
dingos,
goats,
pigs,
donkeys,
6 species of deer,
feral cattle,
buffalo,
brumbies (feral horses),
camels
and an array of fish species that can be bowhunted as well (european carp in South Australia only, for example).

All land dwelling bowhuntable species in Oz are feral or introduced (that is, non-native). Native animals are illegal to hunt with bow and arrow over here. Bowhunting for fish, or bowfishing generally can only take place in tidal waters where spear fishing is allowed (laws differ from state to state, again european carp in South Australia only, for example).

I think that's all...
You forgot one species......women are they short tempered down there as well? I have gotten more enjoyment out of this post since you guys jumped on then I have in a while. Thanks for providing great insight.........Rob

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Camels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.