Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did you have the year you wanted?

Old 01-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Did you have the year you wanted?

I had a year of ups and downs! I had the opputunity to hunt with some good friends this year and allow them to take some deer on my properties I hunt! I myself did my share of herd management like the landowners wanted me to. I had one very low point this year where I shot the buck I was hunting but was unable to recover the animal as the land owner would not allow it! All in all I enjoyed evry minute of being outdoors this year and look forward to shooting my first target league this winter and doing some shed hunting!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Did you have the year you wanted?

I would have liked to fill more than one tag and I would have liked a bigger buck. So no, not the year I wanted but it is a year I am glad to have spent much of in the woods.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too had an off year. I had a lot of dumb things happen to me while in the stand, getting busted moving, dropping stuff, etc. But I saw quite a few deer and took a doe early on. Besides, any day hunting is better than not right?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I did not have the year I wanted for deer/mature buck sightings but I did have an Incredible good time while being out In the woods and enjoying what mother nature offers!!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Without a doubt I had the year I wanted. I was luckyenough to beable to take two very nice bucks this year and five does. It was also a year in which I got to watch my youngest boy take his first deer. I got to hunt a ton this year, compared to the time I got to spend in the woods during the 07 and 06 seasons. However, if I would have not filled a single tag, it would still been the year I wanted. I just enjoy getting out there and chasing them.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: twildasin
I had one very low point this year where I shot the buck I was hunting but was unable to recover the animal as the land owner would not allow it!
Why is that?

My year was was what I wanted. I filled both of my buck tags with respectable bucks, and took a couple does with the bow.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Dominant Buck

No illusions going in so it turned out just fine. I got a freezer full and a couple nice bucks. Had fun and didn't loose a deer. What could be better.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

With rifle - yes
With bow - no
Old 01-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shot a deer rifle hunting, but never even got a chance at shooting a deer bow hunting very disappointed about that...
Old 01-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a better year than I could have imagined

Quick Reply: Did you have the year you wanted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.