Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scentlock

Old 01-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Spike

Default scentlock

is it worth it. im gettin sick of washin and hangin when bow season comes around.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: scentlock

worth it? no, but does it help? yes, any scent free thing can help, but washing and hanging is still a must, i have a scent block dream season suit and i wash it hang hang it every year
Old 01-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

not worth the price. there is a lot of evidence out there supporting the fact that it cannot be reactivated fully. I'm sure it helps to some extent but so do other scent killer sprays and HUNTING THE WIND!!! hunting the wind is the most drastic thing you can do to control scent.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:41 PM

this is how these company's make money, they get people to think like this ----"every advantage you can get helps" "I just need that extra edge" " this is the ticket, the carbon will work great"

Look at the ability of the main "ingredient" carbon. well it cant handle sweat, if it absorbs scents then what stops it from taking in all the other scents that is around you then filling the carbon and leaving your scent out to hang.

this is a link so you can read that they have been sued --- http://www.huntingtalk.com/f2/law-su...-lok-2638.html

now lets look at this from a business stand point, if the United states court system proves that your product is not dysfunctional then I would think the company would spread the word proving your product could even with stand the scrutiny of the law. but no

you want to see what happed in the law suite here ya go 8 cents a page and you need a login https://ecf.mnd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...ymenu.pl?93976

so my point here is that it is a company and they are so good because they are marketing a product that can not be accurately determined of have a functional product.

if I have you two shirts could you tell what one has the "carbon scent eliminator" ? no, I'm not saying they don't put the carbon in there but I like to see and test the functionality of my stuff, especially when it is over 200$ for a shirt and pant combo.

As you can tell I'm not a fan of probably one of the most ingenuous marketing scams in the world also know as scent lok or scent block.

now there have been tests where people ran off in the woods and where tracked by dogs, the scent lock suites DID take longer to locate but they put the suit on then three minutes later are getting looked for. what about putting on the suite saying and sitting in it for 5 hours, THEN get looked for. the test and all test will be controversial but think about it .................................it is not worth it.

I'm not sure if you know who Tred Barta form VS ( formally known as OLN ) but this guy uses a long bow, he uses no scent control yet "over 70 big game animals have fallen to my bow, and world records....................I got em" this is an opening line to his show ( the best and worst of Tred Barta-- on VS ) now if you have seen what a shot this guy is you would be impressed that he killed 7 big games animals over his 30 years of hunting. so if this guy who can't shoot ( I hate to say this but in reality his shooting ability with his long bow have some serious room for improvement, BUT I don't have over 70 big game kills or any world record African wart hogs [8D])

my poit is that if this guy can kill game, going from a smoking campfire 4 nights in the tent, just hanging his cloths for "scent control" walk out and kill a brown bear at 7 yds with 2 other guides ( with a 12ga and a 10ga) and camera man then I don't think it is needed.

YES this is hunting but he has gotten 70 animals like this. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say all this because I don't want you to wast your money, just think about what was said, it is all undeniable fact.

I wish you luck in your future decision...............................DON"T GET IT [8D]
Old 01-06-2009, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Huntinman23

worth it? no, but does it help? yes,
first off--I'm not getting the whole worth it no but it helps !?!?!?

please give me one example that has undeniable indisputable clear fact that this helped you in the field. I have had deer walk under my stand to, so don't use that one. or any thing else that is just plan ridiculousness.

I use a baking soda and watter mix, that is all I use, and I'll leave my cloths out side as well.. do I know that it works no, but I do know it's properties absorb scent and cost a 1$ for a massive box lat lasts for ever
Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Fork Horn

You may want to read this first and then make your decision.
http://www.trmichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.htm

Old 01-07-2009, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not a hater but save the cash if things are tight. Remember the old saying..........if sounds to good it probably is.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Scent Blocker is not a cure or a coverup, but it can be a part of a complete Scent control regimen.

Dan
Old 01-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some believe it is garbage, some believe it gives you a little extra edge (like myself). However, you still have to wash it and hang it just any other piece of clothing you are going to take out in the woods. It is not a cure all and it does not allow you to forget out wind direction.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: blacktail slayer

You may want to read this first and then make your decision.
http://www.trmichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.htm

As you can tell I'm not a fan of probably one of the most ingenuous marketing scams in the world also know as scent lok or scent block.

GOOD post, I wish I could have found out about that article sooner.

Quick Reply: scentlock

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.